Audioholics 2008 Product of the Year Awards

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
2008 proved to be a nice incremental year for electronics, with some products managing to carve out distinction among their peers. HDMI continued to advance and televisions began to introduce 120Hz technology en masse, though we think that particular area still needs some work. Overall it was a good year for price drops and added value features. With that in mind, we selected gear in each category that really stood out via our personal experiences, reviews or demo's as well as the market trends set based on performance, features, and value.

Discuss "Audioholics 2008 Product of the Year Awards" here. Read the article.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Excellent coverage of the products as usual, fellas. And kudos for the choice of the Samsung 25XX model Blu Ray player. I purchased one despite all the terrible online buzz about the 15xx series models and the ensuing class action suit against Samsung. My 2550 is a killer machine and the streaming Netflix and Pandora all up on my plasma make it a giant killer at $350.
Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and for such a great website!
Sincerely, David TwoTrees

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As a SongTower owner, I of course was extremely pleased (no bias here :rolleyes:) to see it as your choice for the floorstanding speaker of the year.

Because I owned those speakers, it put me in a position to judge your review of them differently than if I was curious but unfamiliar with them. Your review was tough but honest. It's good to read a review that didn't contain only 5-star praise of a product.

It makes me that much more likely to pay close attention to your reviews of other products. Great job!

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Excellent coverage of the products as usual, fellas. And kudos for the choice of the Samsung 25XX model Blu Ray player. I purchased one despite all the terrible online buzz about the 15xx series models and the ensuing class action suit against Samsung. My 2550 is a killer machine and the streaming Netflix and Pandora all up on my plasma make it a giant killer at $350.
So, no issues other than the DTS-HD MA internal decoding snafu? Cool.

I like most of the list. However, I have to ask what's up with the 720p projector? It's feature list looks very, very nice.

Matt34

Matt34

If I wasn't having some custom speakers in the works, I would really consider the Salks.

Great year end round-up!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis