Online News Overtakes Print in the US

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
For years the common response to an introduction about Audioholics would include some form of the following: "Oh, are you a print magazine?" Um, no. You see, we can actually publish articles in real-time instead of having to line them up 3 months in advance and then being behind the curve in terms of what's going on in the industry. I mean seriously... If Onkyo makes a new product announcement we can post it the same day. A print mag has to beg for the info early (which isn't always possible, or they get the specs wrong) or consumers need to wait up to 2 months to get that info from the print magazine. Well, 2009 seems to be the year that online news has finally overtaken print - at least in the US.

Discuss "Online News Overtakes Print in the US" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
The news...

Now all I need is a device to read it on that I can:

a) Take with me into the bathroom
b) Swat a fly with
c) Line a bird cage with
d) Not have to worry about my battery

F

fredk

Audioholic General
I was first introduced to the internet in 1989. It struck me then that this tool was going to have a major impact on the way we communicate because it eliminated barriers of all sorts.

The shift away from paper is one change that affects the big publishers. The shift towards getting news direct from the source is just as great a long term threat.

The ability to interact directly with the source is a huge shift in opportunity. Don't agree with what a publisher puts on his site? Not sure you understand what was written? Just post a response attached to the original article and lo and behold, you get a response.

Now that is real tangible added value!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis