5 Black Friday Home Theater Bargains

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It’s that time of year again! Black Friday is the day of national shopping insanity and retails are enticing you to get out into the traffic. This year it might just be worth it as you find HDTV for under a thou and Blu-ray players dipping far under $200.

Discuss "5 Black Friday Home Theater Bargains" here. Read the article.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm really thinking about picking up that 50" at WalMart for my living room.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm really thinking about picking up that 50" at WalMart for my living room.
Matt - do you know the model number of that TV?

Just a curiousity, really. I can already tell you that I'm not going to go down to Walmart and fight the crowds for anything. :)

EDIT: Never mind. I found it: PN50A400.

EDIT 2: It's available at Bestbuy.com for $798 right now. I don't know about their stock...I just checked to see if it was on their website, which it is.

B

BrawlingBigJim

Junior Audioholic
FYI...if anyone lives close to the Canadian border, BestBuy in Canada has the 50" Samsung plasma PN50A450 on sale for $999 CDN. That's under 800 US. The sale is on until tomorrow. I would think that the 450 model is probably better that the 400, but I am not sure what the difference is.

Matt34

Matt34

Matt - do you know the model number of that TV?

Just a curiousity, really. I can already tell you that I'm not going to go down to Walmart and fight the crowds for anything. :)

EDIT: Never mind. I found it: PN50A400.

EDIT 2: It's available at Bestbuy.com for $798 right now. I don't know about their stock...I just checked to see if it was on their website, which it is.

Really? I just might go there now if it is.

Edit: I'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Darn. I don't see it now, either. It was there when I posted it earlier today.
I just called my store and they said the price is correct but they are out of stock at the warehouse and I can't even order it.

Guess I'll get my steel toed boots and spiked elbow pads and brave the redneck frenzy known as Walmart Friday morning.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey, Matt. They also have it in stock at Sears in Tucson for $799. Perhaps they have one closer to you.

BTW, that's only $100 off the regular price for that model.

Matt34

Matt34

Hey, Matt. They also have it in stock at Sears in Tucson for $799. Perhaps they have one closer to you.

BTW, that's only $100 off the regular price for that model.
Got it.:D After some haggling with the Sears salesman (long story) I now have a 50" Samsung Plasma for under $800.

Pictures to follow soon, gotta run to Wally world for a optical cable.

Matt34

Matt34

Yes it's 1am and I'm still up.

Edit: Forget it, I'm calling DirecTV Friday and getting a HD box. HDMI straight to TV, optical to receiver and be done with it.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
was just about to ask regarding the time there :D

congrats on your TV.

mess with the PAL / NTSC settings yet?

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Congrats Matt! You got an excellent set at an excellent price. I am so glad that this discussion got somebody some great real-world results. Do you realize people paid multiple thousands for the set you own only one short year ago?

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Shoot, My Samsung DLP equivalent was over 2K just three years ago. Kudos.

majorloser

majorloser

Yes it's 1am and I'm still up.

Edit: Forget it, I'm calling DirecTV Friday and getting a HD box. HDMI straight to TV, optical to receiver and be done with it.
Is that for the baby's room? Gonna start her off young, huh?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis