Call of Duty: World at War on Xbox 360

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Everyone’s favorite World War II franchise is back – and despite initial trepidation about Treyarch’s return I’m happy to report - it’s all good! In the wake of Infinity Ward’s already legendary Call of Duty IV, we feared for World at War (ie. CoD V) after it was announced only weeks after the release of CoD IV. The new installment would not only return to its WWII roots it was developed by Treyarch, the developers that gave us the decidedly lackluster Call of Duty III. But go ahead and roast your fears with a flamethrower, first-person shooter fans! This game is an asset to the franchise.

Discuss "Call of Duty: World at War on Xbox 360 " here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'll still wait for the next COD... I like what Infinity Ward does better.

B

bmf795

Audioholic Intern
I believe IW did consult with Treyarch on this game. I started playing it last night and it is good.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It's still time to give up on the WWII games... they are so played out, keep it with the modern combat stuff, that's where it's at.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Modern combat was very cool. But the room-to-room tactics with all the gadgets (as found in many Tom Clancy series) gets a little grating. It's like the difference between a WWII fighter sim vs a modern Jet sim.

Gimmie a Thompson to flank an enemy trench over heat vision goggles with three different settings, snake cams under the door before arming it with a stun blast to have your (half AI) squad declare the room clear.

Another thing... as much as I loved CoD IV, multi-player would do well with random generated maps. I hated how each map comes down to a very limited bandwidth of possibilities... play them and you'll earn kills, deviate and someone better at working the formula will rack up kills on you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis