Yamaha RX-V3900 Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Yamaha RX-V3900 140W x 7.1 channel receiver costs $1799 and features extensive networking features, allowing you to stream music from your PC, Internet Radio, or Rhapsody online music service. A web browser interface allows you to control the receiver via a PC or PDA web browser over a home network. The RX-V3900 also boasts HD Radio with iTunes tagging, four HDMI v1.3a inputs and two outputs, with HDMI up-conversion and scaling to 1080p and extensive multi-zone custom installation compatibilities. It supports the latest HD Audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio (192kHz). This is one NICE receiver.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-V3900 Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
How about the GUI and OSD?

Can you assign the 12v. triggers? (couldn't with the 3800)

Does it overlay 1080P via HDMI? (Once again the 3800 could not)

Does the volume display stay small or does the size increase when you adjust the volume?

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
How about the GUI and OSD?

Can you assign the 12v. triggers? (couldn't with the 3800)

Does it overlay 1080P via HDMI? (Once again the 3800 could not)

Does the volume display stay small or does the size increase when you adjust the volume?
The small volume db numbers on the 3800 annoy the hell out of me.
seeing a volume bar instead of a number is useless.

And yes does the GUI superimpose over all outputs and resolution without switching resolutions?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The 3800 was the worst AVR that I have owned. Powefull but the rest of it sucked.
The small volume db numbers on the 3800 annoy the hell out of me.
seeing a volume bar instead of a number is useless.

And yes does the GUI superimpose over all outputs and resolution without switching resolutions?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's been extremely difficult acquiring review samples of the latest Yamaha gear. I am hoping to get a Z7 soon but not sure exactly when.

M

MichaelJHuman

Audioholic
I am curious about something related to the 3900/Z7. When playing a poor looking SD channel through the 3900 with processing on, I saw nothing that would tell me it's edge enchancement or NR was operating. It makes me wonder if they have those turned on on the 3900 but not the Z7.

I admittedly don't know what I am looking for, but I see no obvious improvement of SD images. I can see the improvements from the deinterlacer and PReP using the HQV disc though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis