Seymour AV Center Stage Screens

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Seymour AV was showing off their Center Stage projection screens at the Audioholics State of the CE Union event. Seymour AV is primarily interested in making sure you don't have to compromise with a horizontal center channel and instead can use a vertically oriented speaker (preferably identical to your mains). To do this they offer acoustically transparent screens.

Discuss "Seymour AV Center Stage Screens" here. Read the article.

D

dvc dude

Enthusiast
I am considering one of these screens. Does anyone have experience with their screens?

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I have one, and am pretty happy with it. I was very happy with in with my Optoma HD80. Now that I have a razor sharp Mits 6500, I can see some of the texture of the screen. I do sit about 8' away from the screen, and have good eyesight, so some of that is my fault. When I sit in the back row (m

Chris Seymour is great to work with, and he has new material coming out very soon (the Center Stage material is on sale now on closeout, fwiw). The new material should help my issues, and I am pretty excited. The XD material appears to have a bit more pop and is supposed to be slightly more AT. Small changes, but definitely better all the way around.

D

dvc dude

Enthusiast
Thanks mperfct. I will contact Chris for a sample of the material.

My set up includes an entertainment center and a 61" Panny RPTv behind the screen. I started with a portable, pull up screen but this is getting old. My concern is the image reflecting off of the background and reappearing on the screen as artifacts. I understand that this is not a problem with Seymour and would like to try a sample to ensure this will not be an issue for me. My front row is about 12 feet from the screen.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis