Best Buy Bets Chicks Dig Gadgets

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Whenever a couple goes to the shopping center it usually pans out like this - the guy makes a b-line for the Yellow and Blue warehouse while the significant other goes for more feminine fare. But now Best Buy wants to buck that trend with new designs they hope will call to the fairer sex. Is Best Buy betting women love tech after all? Or is the company telling us who really makes those leisure-time investment decisions.

Discuss "Best Buy Bets Chicks Dig Gadgets" here. Read the article.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I had some doozeys all ready in response to that juicy subject line, but I decided to be a good boy today. :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
My wife loves her electronics. She never turns down a chance to go to an electronics store. The Fireball, Archos, Wii and AEGO-M are all things she wanted for herself. I don't think a prettier store will influence her attraction to electronics one bit.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
I can understand wanting to go to Fry's, Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, etc. But Best Buy and even today's Radio Shack are pretty much designed for women and couples. Those aren't really guy friendly electronics stores any more.

I know quite a few women that despise the Fry's experience--equipment piled sky high, haphazard displays and unknowlegeable (and don't pretend to be knowlegeable) employees. These women actually don't mind paying (usually 20%) more at Best Buy.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I've never been to a Fry's, do they have them in Canada?

I think there are younger women that like tech. It was a true story about my girlfriend using that SD memory slideshow feature on the TV. If a friend came over wanting to show me pictures I'd probably sit there squinting into his camera's display - then we'd switch to the Predator Blu-ray disc on the HDTV, GTA IV or some other manly pursuit on an HDTV.

But seriously, I think companies can still go a long way to market tech to women. It could prove a lucrative market. In practical - it's doubtful most guys make multi-thousand dollar purchase decisions without the okay of a woman.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis