Hauppauge HD-PVR Gets Dolby Digital 5.1

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Life just got better for DIY HTPC'ers. Hauppauge, the gold-standard in video capture cards for your PC, just released a new beta driver that provides 5.1 audio support for its HD-PVR.

Discuss "Hauppauge HD-PVR Gets Dolby Digital 5.1" here. Read the article.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
I've got one of these recording out of Time Warner Digital's Scientific alantic boxes. It works well on SD, but stutters recording HD. I'm not sure what's needed to fix that yet.

The main complaint that I have is that it requires componit cables, since that is so much messier than a nice HDMI cable. Oh well, the ability to record without worrying about TW's DVR is worth it.

B

boatycall

Audiophyte
Life just got better for DIY HTPC'ers. Hauppauge, the gold-standard in video capture cards for your PC, just released a new beta driver that provides 5.1 audio support for its HD-PVR.
Hi!
My first official post here. I'm considering getting one of these. Here's the $50,000 question I have---
Would anyone be able to tell me if the native format that this uses to record is directly compatible with a Popcorn Hour, meaning, no conversion or trans-coding necessary?
I love my little PH, and this looks like it would make for a perfect match to it if it records in the formats that the PH supports.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis