Good and Bad - SanDisk Introduces slotMusic

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The future doesn’t look good for the battered and bleeding CD format. Sales of the music medium sunk 19 percent last year alone. But the end of the CD doesn’t necessarily spell an end for physical media, SanDisk hopes to replace the CD with a new media format called slotMusic. High powered retailers Wal-Mart and Best Buy hope a new format will offer a revenue stream that’ll perk-up their sagging music sales.

Discuss "Good and Bad - SanDisk Introduces slotMusic" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
I have been on a CD buying spree as of late. I want something in my hand for my money. Files can be corrupted. I like my CD's :(

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
I have been on a CD buying spree as of late. I want something in my hand for my money. Files can be corrupted. I like my CD's :(
I agree. I still buy CD's. I use the iTunes music store to browse, then purchase actual CDs.....

E

efzauner

Enthusiast
oh hell
I love music and I love to buy music, but the industry makes it hard for me to do that. I hear a song on the radio! I love it! I want to buy it! how do I know what it is? I go to the station web site. Why cant I get a playlist with a "buy it now" from a music download site or Amazon so I can buy the CD? I listen to XM radio I hear a song, I love it, I want to buy it.. why cant I press a button on my XM receiver to record the track title, then I plug it into my pc and a "Buy it now" button apprears. NO. I had to write down the show title, search on the web for it, create an account on the DJs site and ask what the title is based on my recolection of some lyrics.. Finally someone from Russia replied. took me bout an hour!! WHY???

I find a CD I love. I buy it.. Why arent the MP3s already on the same CD? There are so many creative ways to make it very easy for me to spend my money on music but the industry just cannot figure it out!!

Only the music industry is to blame for their sad state.

EFZAUNER
Montreal

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
A 1 GB card? A CD holds 700 MB. Why not load up the card with CD quality audio instead of MP3s?

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
does anyone make a stand alone crard reader that will play music that you can connect to an AVR I see card head units that read SD cards bee cool if there wa a device fo rhome that did this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis