DRM Still Breathing, Chokes up DECE

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Rumors of the demise of Digital Rights Management have been greatly… well, you know how it goes. At a time when it looked like DRM was drawing its last gasp - a new consortium of manufacturers, retailers and digital content providers want to stick it to iTunes.

Discuss "DRM Still Breathing, Chokes up DECE" here. Read the article.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Rumors of the demise of Digital Rights Management have been greatly… well, you know how it goes. At a time when it looked like DRM was drawing its last gasp - a new consortium of manufacturers, retailers and digital content providers want to stick it to iTunes.

Discuss "DRM Still Breathing, Chokes up DECE" here. Read the article.
I lost interest in digital downloads a long time ago. I rather have something tangeable like vinyl or CDs. The digital downlaod stiff is overlly compressed and I think paying $.099 per song is a complete rip-off considering that you get nothing with the file.

H

hodedofome

Audioholic Intern
I use Amazon for music downloads as they are higher quality than iTunes and all mp3. I've also been known to purchase music downloads and then download the higher quality torrent so I don't feel bad for 'stealing.' I need to play songs through my 360 as well as my iPod, so everything needs to be unprotected mp3 for me. This way the content provider gets their money, and I get what I want too.

jnmfox

jnmfox

Audioholic
I lost interest in digital downloads a long time ago. I rather have something tangeable like vinyl or CDs. The digital downlaod stiff is overlly compressed and I think paying $.099 per song is a complete rip-off considering that you get nothing with the file.
If you feel $.099 per song is a rip-off how do you feel about the typical $0.99 per song?:eek:

Typically I'll download my music and if I like it enough I'll go get the CD. That way, like the above poster stated, I can have it in a high quality format and play it on whatever device I choose.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
But this DECE isn't limited to music, it's real purpose (I believe) is to DRM your movies and TV shows without compatibility issues music suffered for so many years.

Now that many sources of music are DRM free, DECE isn't much of an issue for it. I believe DECE's real purpose is the rest of the industry ganging up on iTunes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis