2008 A/V Receivers & Preamp/Processors - Breaking Down Barriers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
2008 has really taken features in receivers to the next level. Just a few years ago, it was nearly impossible to get A/V receivers for under $500 with HDMI switching. Today, not only are those commonplace, but you are now also getting HDMI 1.3a with audio support at this price range. This is great news for the most part, but we are noticing a trend with some manufacturers whom are trading amplifier quality for features which I plan on writing more about in a separate editorial. In the meantime, we found some really cool innovations being done by the likes of Denon, Yamaha, Integra and Anthem that will likely please the audiophiles and videophiles alike.

Discuss "2008 A/V Receivers & Preamp/Processors - Breaking Down Barriers" here. Read the article.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Whatever happened to Sherwood and their Trinnov EQ?
Who knows, Sherwood is always unapproachable at these trade shows and their booth is so small and packed with dealers that you can't get any useful info from them :rolleyes:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Who knows, Sherwood is always unapproachable at these trade shows and their booth is so small and packed with dealers that you can't get any useful info from them :rolleyes:
Well . . . were their girls any prettier?

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Nice article Gene. I'm still sitting on the sidelines while I wait for bluray players to come down in price to something more afordable.

I'm looking forward to your article on the features/power/amplification tradoffs. Since I am running 4ohm fronts this is important to me.

For instance, the RXV663 seems like a real bang for the buck receiver, but I wonder whether it can handle the higher current demands of a 4ohm speaker.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It doesn't look like these things are getting any cheaper. There seems to be some hefty price increases over the previous equivalent models.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis