The Frame, Fine Art Channel in HD

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We’ve all been there…Guests arrive and want to see what that gargantuan HDTV in corner can really do. Only this time they’re with girlfriends, wives or maybe they’re a more cultured crowd for whom last year’s Superbowl on the HD-PVR or T2 on Blu-ray just won’t do. Here’s a suggestion, HD art galleries are getting very popular these days.

Discuss "The Frame, Fine Art Channel in HD" here. Read the article.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
We’ve all been there…Guests arrive and want to see what that gargantuan HDTV in corner can really do. Only this time they’re with girlfriends, wives or maybe they’re a more cultured crowd for whom last year’s Superbowl on the HD-PVR or T2 on Blu-ray just won’t do. Here’s a suggestion, HD art galleries are getting very popular these days.

Discuss "The Frame, Fine Art Channel in HD" here. Read the article.
Not too much of an opinion on the Fine Art channel other than I guess people will pretty much pay for anything.

Being from Calgary, Canada, my post is more just as a thanks to seeing some Canadian stories here on Audioholics.

Cheers and keep up the great work.
Michael

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
I could stand corrected

Not too much of an opinion on the Fine Art channel other than I guess people will pretty much pay for anything.

Being from Calgary, Canada, my post is more just as a thanks to seeing some Canadian stories here on Audioholics.

Michael
According to Digital Home, "The Frame" will be free to all Shaw customers who subscribe to the base high definition programming package.

Link to Article

Guess I thought it would cost because it is being offered by Shaw :rolleyes:

Cheers
Michael

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That strikes me as a pretty cool idea. Some art appreciation slipped in with people's desire to play with their new HDTVs. Excellent.

Certainly something that I might have running on a TV while surfing AH on my laptop. Well, if I had an HDTV...and lived in Canada. Dare to dream, as they say.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman

Michael
Thanks, there are at least a couple of us Canuck contributors to the site. Hi-fi and home theater have a long standing tradition in Canada.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Well, if I had an HDTV...and lived in Canada. Dare to dream, as they say.
It's not all it's cracked up to be. What I wouldn't give to spend December through March in Tuscon....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's not all it's cracked up to be. What I wouldn't give to spend December through March in Tuscon....
Well, you all do have one of my favorites beers up there - Molson Special Dry. That, and one of the most attractive bar waitresses that I've ever seen. Hmmm, the second may have been a result of the first. ;)

A lot of people spend their winters down here. Come on down! You could become one of our snow birds. Normally, I'd hate the extra car on the road...but I'll make an exception for your car. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the invite Adam. Unfortunately, I have to work 12 months of the year. My snowbird days are far in the future. In the meantime, I'll just freeze and curse every snowstorm until global warming Arizona's weather to me.;)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In the meantime, I'll just freeze and curse every snowstorm until global warming Arizona's weather to me.;)
Haven't you heard? It's supposed to start cooling down again. I guess that I'll just wait for global cooling to bring Canada's weather to me. :D

I gotta say, it is sweeeet to not have to drive in snow. I get to buy max performance summer tires (zip it, Sheep...I know my car is stock :)) and not worry about swapping them out in the winter. It does snow here, but it's rare enough that it's a real treat for us. All I have to do is wait about 10 minutes more to go to work, and it's all melted off the roads. :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
All I have to do is wait about 10 minutes more to go to work, and it's all melted off the roads. :D
So you see my point. I get to make 4 months of Corvette payments while it sits in the garage blocked by several inches of snow.:mad:

Back to the OP, it sounds like a waste of bandwidth that could otherwise be used to deliver higher quality broadcasts but I don't really know how cable companies allocate bandwidth per channel.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
If I can I spend a week during between Feb and Early April in the deep south, somewhere like FL or TX. Otherwise I love winter up here. The only reason I don't travel south annually in the winter is that I love snowboarding too much.

If I could, I'd travel to a South American ski resort right now to get a taste of it again.

As for driving through it... It's really only bad a minority of the time, even in winter. The really bad days, I work from home! If I absolutely have to drive through it I'm just doing what I have to do to get from point a to point b. They say pain builds character.

Parking in a garage helps ease winter driving misery.

All my neighbours have their garages filled with crap! So they have to scrape and dig frozen moisture off their cars every morning in winter while burning fuel to warm it up. I at least keep a little path to one side of my crap so I can park inside. I hop in as soon as I have to leave - start and go. I give Garages five-out-of-five stars in winter!

R

rrrrobbie

Audiophyte
The frame Channel ..by SHAW ,,Help ,,

HI Can anyone tell me the music played in the background of the covered bridges segment {1/2 hr} on the frame channel ,,or a list of the musicians ?? there are some awesome fingerstyle blues I must find out who ,,,,I have tried calling ?to get thru,,,asked them posted questions to shaw and no reply ,,,maybe SOMEONE c:eek:an help thanks soo much ...Rob

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis