Ultimate Matrix Collection Coming to Blu-ray

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As a Warner release, the Matrix series first took the red-pill appearing on HD DVD only. But the highly rated sci-fi trilogy will finally get the full treatment as it ingests the Blu-pill this October 14 in a 7-disc Ultimate Matrix Collection on Blu-ray.

Discuss "Ultimate Matrix Collection Coming to Blu-ray " here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The one and only reason I will be picking this up is because the Animatrix will finally be released with a new high def transfer!!!! (since I already have the set on HD DVD). The SQ and PQ of the HD DVD set is impressive.

Last edited:
aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Amazon is already listing this at $90. I can see it potentially falling even further (Another $5-10) by the time it's actually released.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure there will be great deals to be had on this one. Most places know it will be a big seller, so there will be competition to get a chunk of it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The one and only reason I will be picking this up is because the Animatrix will finally be released with a new high def transfer!!!! (since I already have the set on HD DVD). The SQ and PQ of the HD DVD set is impressive.
The Animatrix will be part of the set?!?!?! Cool. Personally, I don't want all the extra crap discs though. I'm only interested in the 3 movies themselves.

I wish they would bring out more anime on BD. :mad:

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
I'm sure there will be great deals to be had on this one. Most places know it will be a big seller, so there will be competition to get a chunk of it.
Probably not another $20 deal from Circuit City like the HD DVD box set :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Animatrix will be part of the set?!?!?! Cool. Personally, I don't want all the extra crap discs though. I'm only interested in the 3 movies themselves.

Yes, on HD DVD, there were two choices - just the 3 movies (which is what I have) and the full blown set with the bonus junk and the Animatrix, though it was SD only (same disc as the previously released SD). It looks like, at least initially, only the Ultimate set will be available on BD.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Animatrix with a new high def transfer... Very nice :D

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
It's probably not going to be a priority to release a bunch of anime on BD but there is already a fair bit of western anime, superhero stuff like Batman, Avengers. It's interesting that BD seems to be getting more anime than DVD did in its very early days.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Man, that's not a very good value, IMHO. I've got the SD version of the 3, but only really liked the first one. I'll pass on this one.:confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's probably not going to be a priority to release a bunch of anime on BD but there is already a fair bit of western anime, superhero stuff like Batman, Avengers. It's interesting that BD seems to be getting more anime than DVD did in its very early days.
I don't think we will see much series anime on BD because a lot of it is not going to benefit from the cost of the transfer. I downloaded the first episode of XAM'D in HD yesterday and I can't say that I am impressed with the result; since it is anime and not mastered in HD, the benefits are minimal. I would expect the costs to remaster and transfer dozens of episodes with minimal benefit for the somewhat small anime companies isn't a cost effective path yet or we would see it already. Even the bigger names are charging too much because of their costs to release on BD.

XAM'D is an original series released on PSN and it is pretty interesting so far. I will try the second episode and see if it keeps the interest level up.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
I don't think we will see much series anime on BD because a lot of it is not going to benefit from the cost of the transfer. I downloaded the first episode of XAM'D in HD yesterday and I can't say that I am impressed with the result; since it is anime and not mastered in HD, the benefits are minimal. I would expect the costs to remaster and transfer dozens of episodes with minimal benefit for the somewhat small anime companies isn't a cost effective path yet or we would see it already. Even the bigger names are charging too much because of their costs to release on BD.

XAM'D is an original series released on PSN and it is pretty interesting so far. I will try the second episode and see if it keeps the interest level up.
Cost maybe an issue but the minimal benefit is pure speculation. Several hidef reviews have objectively shown its marked improvement over SD.

J

johnnybon

Junior Audioholic
The price is way too high. For me to purchase it has to come down at least 25%.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
With the 30% off and free shipping direct from warner, that should be exactly what you are asking for. See the deals section here.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The HD-DVD was impressive, lets hope Matrix Trilogy improves as much as Transformers did.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Cost maybe an issue but the minimal benefit is pure speculation. Several hidef reviews have objectively shown its marked improvement over SD.
I have continued to watch Xam'D and I have to say I am starting to see the benefits of anime in HD. Since not all of Animatrix is hand drawn, I'm going to guess that it will still look much improved.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audio

I'm looking to buy this set on BD. I borrowed the HD set when it came out and was impressed with the video. But at the time I wasn't able to take advantage of the new audio formats. Now I am. :D Is the audio much improved over the original DVD's? And is the BD video on par or better than the HD version?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I'm looking to buy this set on BD. I borrowed the HD set when it came out and was impressed with the video. But at the time I wasn't able to take advantage of the new audio formats. Now I am. :D Is the audio much improved over the original DVD's? And is the BD video on par or better than the HD version?
Yes, I'll say the Audio (D TrueHD) is improved over the DVD versions (only DD).

The BD video is the same as the HD version (I got both).

It is the Ultimate Set. :)

Duffinator

Duffinator

Yes, I'll say the Audio (D TrueHD) is improved over the DVD versions (only DD).

The BD video is the same as the HD version (I got both).

It is the Ultimate Set. :)
Thanks I'll look to pick up a set.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Cool.

But leave it to me to be the outcast and say that I will NOT be getting the Matrix Trilogy on BD.:D

I already have this trilogy on HD DVD. It's also on my HTPC's hard drive.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis