Nintendo @ E3 - Smiling So Hard it Hurts

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Nintendo had a lot to say at E3 this year - especially about their sales. They are currently kicking butt over their competition. They have a different controller, a different interface, and very different games. The question is, how long can they keep getting people to buy all these peripherals?

Discuss "Nintendo @ E3 - Smiling So Hard it Hurts" here. Read the article.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The Wii is my least favorite of the 3 consoles. I am not into the gaming experience that Nintendo is trying to offer with the Wii. I am also not into buying peripherals for consoles either but with a console like the Wii that is the only thing to make the console seem fresh because their games have no lasting power. They get boring really fast. I want to spend my money on games, games and more games:):D and to do that I need a console that makes good games. I believe Microsofts and Sony's directions have more staying power and are the future of console gaming and more importantly online gaming.

Even though I am biased against the Wii, they had the worst of the 3 conferences, it was booooooring and their games did not get me excited at all unlike seeing some of the other games at E3 like LittleBigPlanet, Gears of War 2 and Fable 2:).

Last edited:
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Wii Music looks feakin' LAME. Presentation was horrible. The opening with Shaun White was so forced and stupid I couldn't see it for all the eye rolling I was doing.

A

Austin M

Enthusiast
No thanks

This is definitely not on my list of must have products. I had a friend who rushed out and bought a Wii. He and his wife played it for about two months. Now it just collects dust while he is busy with all of the awesome games that keep coming out for the 360 he bought later because he had nothing to play on the Wii.

I keep searching for another device that is analogous to the Wii, but the closest I can come up with is Monopoly (or other popular board game). Every family goes out to buy one and the sales numbers are huge, but the thing just sits in the closet and is brought out once or twice a year around the holidays when you have guests.

Tom, I think you are correct when you say that Nintendo is going after a different audience than Sony and Microsoft. What I really don't like is their attitude that the market the other companies pursue is bad. It also pains me to see Microsoft try to grad on to the Nintendo market with those stupid avatars on Xbox Live; I hope you can turn them off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis