Belkin FlyWire HDMI Transmitter

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Finally an HD-ready wireless video transmitter solution for that picture perfect home theater installation. Belkin has officially announced FlyWire and FlyWire R1 audio/video transmitters that are capable of video resolutions up to 1080p.

Discuss "Belkin FlyWire HDMI Transmitter" here. Read the article.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Now, if they could send AC power to my projector wirelessly, I would buy TWO of them!!!!

And holograms. Where are the holograms?

Seriously, though - I think this is cool, especially if display manufacturers start catching on and it becomes cheap enough to simply build in. Then it needs to get standardized - and quickly.

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Ahh, this is the sort of stuff tech junkies live for. I'm currently building and this would be a good cable solution for me. As soon as it passes A/H scrutineering I'll plonk the readies down.

jaydog67

jaydog67

Enthusiast
Very nice

Did you see the mfg's suggested price? Or is it too early to tell?

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Did you see the mfg's suggested price? Or is it too early to tell?
They have announced $999 for the FlyWire this Oct and $699 for the less powerful version available early next year. It's in the article.

Street prices could be a different story we can only hope. Those are some top bills for the toys.

majorloser

majorloser

This still look very cool! Has anybody had a chance to see one of these at any of the shows? I don't think $1K is a lot of money when you think about now wires and yet still getting full 1080p to anywhere in the house. You can spend many times that with long runs of fiber HDMI cables or even just labor costs alone.

D

Drag0nFly

Enthusiast
News on availability?

Anyone got information on when (if?) this product will be released? Belkin's webpage still states 'January 2009' under availability--which we all know didn't happen. The price has also shot up quite a bit since the original announcement...

Hipnotic4

Hipnotic4

Full Audioholic
These are going to pop up everywhere soon and its going to be wayy cheaper..Wont be surprised when the tech is intergrated into the tv set it self..

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
How long of a run does one need to make, to consider a long HDMI cable completely out of the picture here... at that price....

I would think one could rip out drywall, run conduit and refinish the mess for the same price...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis