Sony Releases PS3 Firmware 2.41

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Last week Sony released firmware 2.40 for the Playstation 3. Unfortunately, the feature filled update was also causing problems with various PS3 consoles and Sony pulled the update by the end of the day. Today, Sony is back at it with version 2.41 which promises to not brick your PS3. If you're feeling lucky, punk, then give the new software a try. I will be!

Discuss "Sony Releases PS3 Firmware 2.41 " here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like they just keep making the PS3 better and better... I am all for these new upgrades. I would still like to see them add something like a sleep timer, or an option to keep downloads going when you power the system down like the XBOX 360 does.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Or at least to download and THEN power down, like they added the timer for Folding - you can specifiy an amount of time or when the current work unit is done.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I didn't know you could have the 360 shut off when it's done downloading. That's cool. I'll have to go play with it now. You learn something every day.
I suppose I should try to actually update my PS3 before I do that, though. I want to see how well that Trophy system works. It'll be my luck that none of my games support it. I wonder if there is a list of supported titles. I'll have to dig around the net while the thing is downloading what will be a massive update, I am sure. *grin*

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't know you could have the 360 shut off when it's done downloading. That's cool. I'll have to go play with it now. You learn something every day.
I suppose I should try to actually update my PS3 before I do that, though. I want to see how well that Trophy system works. It'll be my luck that none of my games support it. I wonder if there is a list of supported titles. I'll have to dig around the net while the thing is downloading what will be a massive update, I am sure. *grin*

This info is from a fellow audioholic member J_Garcia

I think these are the ones currently confirmed, with more coming soon:

· BUZZ!™ Quiz TV

· LittleBigPlanet™

· MotorStorm™ Pacific Rift

· NBA 09 - PS3

· PAIN**

· PixelJunk™ Eden

· Resistance 2™

· SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

· Warhawk™**

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
Please note the 2.40 update broke the IR2BT functionality.

(The IR to bluetooth product)

The creators are setting up a mail-in program for the existing owners and have updated the new ones so they work properly.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Supposedly, there will be updates for various current games to be released as well to add trophy capabilities. That, I don't think there is a list for yet, as that will be a per-game basis; meaning you will have to check to see if there are updates for you particular games.

D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
I got various super stardust hd trophies.
I also saw a post somewhere (PS3Fanboy maybe) that some additional audio modes and Blu-ray upscaling (1080i to 1080p) were in this firmware as well, but I doubt that affects many people.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis