Monster Cable Sues Baby Clothing Store MonsterRepublic.com

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We just received this email from a small business owner of a kids clothing company called Monsterrepublic.com. It appears Monster Cable is at it again with another lawsuit in attempts to protect their name. But can Monster be serious or are they simply looking for publicity albeit good or bad? Just remember, anyone with $200 can file a lawsuit regardless of how big or small the company is. I wonder who is next to feel the wrath of their Monsterous litigators? Could it be you, could it be us? Only time will tell.

Discuss "Monster Cable Sues Baby Clothing Store MonsterRepublic.com" here. Read the article.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Making mention of a company who is doing bad things isn't going to help them in some twisted publicity campaign. If it were helping then would the open letter have been necessary and found its way to Audioholics? They looked bad then and now even worse after doing the very types of things Noel Lee claims not to be doing in his letter. While he may not be suing ALL the "Monster" companies, the list continues to grow on nearly a monthly basis, and never with an adequate explanation for their "will be confused with" reasoning.

Has anyone here ever confused Sonic the Hedgehog with Sonic America's drive in? The San Francisco Giants with the New York Giants? The Jolly Green Giant with Jolly Rancher? Gimme a freakin' break, I wish they would just admit that they fish small companies with threats in hopes of settlements. If anything, the public outcry, letter postings, and updates have helped ease internet searches, thus making uncovering the bullying tactics relatively simple. I'm confident that Monster Republic was able to get this information quickly because of what has been posted here previously. Keep doing what you are doing Gene, it's working.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe this will make Stratman compelled to leave his cave and go on a crusade against his favorite company:rolleyes:.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
We just received this email from a small business owner of a kids clothing company called Monsterrepublic.com. It appears Monster Cable is at it again with another lawsuit in attempts to protect their name. But can Monster be serious or are they simply looking for publicity albeit good or bad? Just remember, anyone with $200 can file a lawsuit regardless of how big or small the company is. I wonder who is next to feel the wrath of their Monsterous litigators? Could it be you, could it be us? Only time will tell.

Discuss "Monster Cable Sues Baby Clothing Store MonsterRepublic.com" here. Read the article.

Perhaps Kurt wouldn't mind contacting that on line store with some encouragement and some tips?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Perhaps Kurt wouldn't mind contacting that on line store with some encouragement and some tips?
He should come out of retirement for them. Think of all the money he could make defending the victims of monster.

SheepStar

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Somebody needs to get Bill O'Reilly on this - or some other consumer watchdog type person...

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Dugg!

Can I say that in under ten characters?

K

KurtBJC

Audioholic
I'll be more than happy to give them some encouragement, tips, and legal advice...I happen to know a hotshot IP lawyer who is local to them, in fact. I'm sure they're following this thread, and I'd encourage them to phone.

The main thing for people like this to do: STAND YOUR GROUND. This is very much like a gorilla bluff charge; run, and you're finished.

Kurt

W

westcott

Audioholic General

I think I remember seing a pie chart when the Monster vs. BJC debacle started. Someone had submitted a link with this chart showing that 3/4 of their budget was marketing, almost 1/4 of their budget was for lawyers, and something like 1% was actually spent on research, development, manufacturing, and managing their cable business. Something is seriously wrong ethically with this business model.

R

rodaboss

Audiophyte
Common Theme.

It continues. I have a small company in Eugene Oregon called "Security Monster" Monster cable has recently filed an objection to our use of the the trademark. They apparently think they own the word. When I google "Monster" I get about 235 million hits.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I think I remember seing a pie chart when the Monster vs. BJC debacle started. Someone had submitted a link with this chart showing that 3/4 of their budget was marketing, almost 1/4 of their budget was for lawyers, and something like 1% was actually spent on research, development, manufacturing, and managing their cable business. Something is seriously wrong ethically with this business model.
When you peddle bs, you need a huge backup to make it smell good:D

K

KurtBJC

Audioholic
By the way, I just had a good long conversation with Albert Lee of Monster Republic...very smart fellow, and I think he's a fighter. I gave him my take on the situation and I hope it helps!

Kurt
Blue Jeans Cable

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Does no one see the irony in this?

Logical people become outspoken about the falsities of Monster Cable being a superior product, at least in the sense it makes any impact on your sound quality. As a result, hypothetically, Monster loses profit. In effort to recoup, Monster sues anyone that ever said the word "monster" in hopes to regain some lost profits.:D

A

andy o

Audiophyte
I think the title and text of every one of these news items or editorials should have the two words MONSTER SUES in bigger, bold letters, so the more people see these news, they won't forget what they were about, and they will associate those two words subconsciously if it happens often enough.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Dear god, whose next? Not even Godzilla is safe!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis