Onion Prophesizes latest RIAA Strategy - It's all Pirate Radio

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As an age old battle, as old as the dawn of radio and the phonograph, between the RIAA and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) over royalty payments heats up with a pending bill in Congress, a music industry group, musicFIRST, that was instigated by the RIAA, has begun doing silly things in public like calling radio just another form of piracy.

Discuss "Onion Prophesizes latest RIAA Strategy - It's all Pirate Radio" here. Read the article.

These companies are getting out of control and need some smackdown. The artists who are clamouring for this stuff (doubtful it's really them, more likely it's the studios hiding behind them) should be thankful they haven't lapsed into total obscurity thanks to radio stations.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
After reading the article, I finally understood that record labels use the same business model as pimps. I've been thinking for some time that supporting independent musicians is probably a good thing. It's not like I was buying Brittany Spears records anyway.

Jim

F

fredk

Audioholic General
This certainly supports the supposition that your average corporation is a phsychopath. A cornered phsychopath it a very dangerous creature though.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Actually, that's not far from the truth. A publicly traded company is legally obligated to maximize shareholder value by whatever legal means necessary. There was a court case that established that. If a public company fails to do whatever it takes to make profits, they can be sued by their shareholders. That's the system we live under.

Jim

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
After reading the article, I finally understood that record labels use the same business model as pimps. I've been thinking for some time that supporting independent musicians is probably a good thing. It's not like I was buying Brittany Spears records anyway.

Jim
PIMPS?? you should see how bad blue's artists got screwed over by these guys. I've never seen a bigger bunch of immoral morons as the riaa..screaming like little kiddies "please stop the downloading of music illegally" when they turn around under the same breath literally f??k over their artists.

Seems to me they saw a lost oppertunity with the internet and are now gunning for it to try and regain some sort of footing from their ineptness and lack of foresight.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually, that's not far from the truth. A publicly traded company is legally obligated to maximize shareholder value by whatever legal means necessary. There was a court case that established that. If a public company fails to do whatever it takes to make profits, they can be sued by their shareholders. That's the system we live under.

Jim
Its called greed and unfortunately we're to blame for driving this kind of model.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I never support it. I just download it from teh intarwebz.

I refuse to support their tyrany!!!

:wank:

Honestly though they are being complete jack asses and need to be pulled back to reality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis