Early Adopters - Arrogant Jerks That Get Chicks

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you believe in the stereotype of techie-geeks as pudgy social misfits, think again! Evidence from two separate studies on human behavior have combined to say otherwise. Lonely geeks of the world take heart! Many of us have an inner James Bond just waiting to come out and slay the ladies.

Discuss "Early Adopters - Arrogant Jerks That Get Chicks" here. Read the article.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
NiMH??!!?? That's so last decade. Try Lithium-Ion.

Now excuse me while I get back to my babe...

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Oh, I don't know......I guess early adopters might be geeks. But most people I know or work for with the latest greatest usually aren't geeks.......they're rich. Moolah. Someone that buys the new Denon Seperates, or the Mark Levinson Media Console, or the Krell Theatre system might be a geek, but you can bet your bippy they've got a lot of disposable income........

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Because

Oh, I don't know......I guess early adopters might be geeks. But most people I know or work for with the latest greatest usually aren't geeks.......they're rich. Moolah. Someone that buys the new Denon Seperates, or the Mark Levinson Media Console, or the Krell Theatre system might be a geek, but you can bet your bippy they've got a lot of disposable income........

Real Geek => smart :cool:

smart => great job :)

great job => Lots of Moola $$$ :)

Wannabe Geek => think they are smart

think they are smart => so so job

so so job => not so much moola :mad:

So what is everyone a real geek or not ? :D

majorloser

majorloser

NiMH??!!?? That's so last decade. Try Lithium-Ion.

Now excuse me while I get back to my babe...

"...Apple fans tended to be open minded and liberal but also felt they were superior. We already knew Mac-heads were liberal elitist snobs, now it's been proven by Mindset Media."

"Nuf said :p

Senior Audioholic
I kicked early adopting back in the 90's.

That 32 megabyte MP3 player I paid $350.00:eek: for back in 98 was the final straw.

I am so happy I stayed away from the whole HD-DVD/Blue Ray fiasco.

It's second generation or later for me.:cool:

S

swestbom

Audioholic Intern
I thought I was reading the transcript of a nature show. For every one of the early adapters who succeed there are probably more of the dark triad types who fail because of these same traits.

The studies on intelligence distributions among males support this roll of the dice thing with men (larger tails in the normal distribution), in other words, higher success and failure rates, but the rewards of success mean a higher probability of spreading your genes around and lots of gadgets if you are a human being versus any other primate.

:eek:

C

cubbie5150

Audioholic Intern
"...Apple fans tended to be open minded and liberal but also felt they were superior. We already knew Mac-heads were liberal elitist snobs, now it's been proven by Mindset Media."

As a Mac use, I can't help but agree... I don't consider myself an "elitist snob", but I'm not lacking in confidence, that's for sure. Going to Mac user forums can be an adventure, admittedly...

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic

Feel free to call me what you want, but trust me, LIBERAL does not apply!!!

:D

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
And that last statement is at the heart of "getting the babes!" :D

K

krajnik

Audiophyte
So, let me get this straight... males who exhibit the "dark triad", which includes a propensity for lying, also tended to have more sexual partners...

Might they have been lying about how many sexual partners they'd had?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I am going to go crack open an "Arrogant Bastard Ale", crank up my reference sound system, and get back to you on this one.................................

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis