iPhone 3G, The Mobile Computer That Time Forgot

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Another Apple WWDC is in the books! Another Stevenote address and yet another iteration of iPhone that almost makes it as a legit 21st Century Smartphone. There is a lot of talk about the new Apple Smartphone really being a mobile computer. But without basic functions like Flash and copy/cut/paste it's a computer that time forgot.

Discuss "iPhone 3G, The Mobile Computer That Time Forgot" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm personally not interested until they get the phone onto other networks. I'm happy with Verizon, and others are happy with the networks they are on.

I can live with the failings of the product, but do agree that they are failings. Yet, I want it with the phone number I already have, on the phone network that I'm already on. When they are ready to expand their services, I'm on board right away!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Not to be too cruel to Apple, it is only their second mobile phone. Nokia wasn't built in a day!

Although there are a few innovations, it's hardly what I'd call a "Jesus phone" as it's been sarcastically nicknamed.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Not to be too cruel to Apple, it is only their second mobile phone. Nokia wasn't built in a day!

Although there are a few innovations, it's hardly what I'd call a "Jesus phone" as it's been sarcastically nicknamed.
The upgrades for Corporate integration are huge when compared to other phones. Just because you only get a few things on the consumer side of the things the Corporate features alone are worth the price of the phone. I think I will be replacing my Blackjack next month. ;)

R

roshi

Audioholic
I heard that Adobe was working on a version of flash for the iPhone.

Now seriously, what is going on with everybody? Just because it's Apple and it's so popular seems to make everybody go off on every little (or not so little) problem/short coming the phone has. You can say whatever you want it's way cooler than any other smartphone out there. Surfing is just awesome on it. I don't have one yet, and that is primarily because it didn't have 3G. When my Verizon contract runs out I'll probably get one.

With regards to it being available on other networks, I doubt that that will happen in the near future. I'm pretty sure they have a hardcore contract with AT&T.

You can’t perform iTunes music downloads via 3G. iTunes Wi-Fi is still… iTunes WiFi.
Are you sure about that? I thought he said anything under 10mb you can download over 3G.

Apple had to seriously roll up its sleeves to make it affordable, but there are strings attached - a two-year plan with AT&T.
Have you ever seen prices for other smart phones without a 2 year contract? Having a 2 year contract with a price like this is nothing unusual.

iPhone’s unlimited 3G data rate would make a nice 3G modem for your laptop. The feature is called tethering and many cutting-edge Smartphones today stream broadband via Bluetooth (or USB) to your laptop. Another sad oversight for iPhone.
I agree, that would be cool to have.

Now with all that said the biggest thing that I want the iPhone to have is AirTunes. Think about how awesome that would be!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis