Dude, Where's My Swag?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I came to a sudden realization the other day: I'm running out of clothes. For the past few years I've been living off of t-shirts and golf shirts which have either been branded by Audioholics or one of the many manufacturers we interact with from time to time.I've got t-shirts from DVIGear, RBH Sound, SVS, Radiient, Universal Remote and AppleJazz. Heck, I even have one from the best barbecue joints in Central Florida - Happy Jacks BBQ. I have golf shirts from American Power Conversion (APC), Denon, and Audyssey. But it's been over a year since I've gotten anything new.

Discuss "Dude, Where's My Swag?" here. Read the article.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Your Monster Cable tank top is most likely in the mail as we speak.:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Clint - so true, so true. In my dealings with SVS, I've gotten three t-shirts and a hat. I wear those shirts all of the time. Why? First, they are actually darn nice t-shirts. Thick, comfortable, and with a nice looking logo. Second, being less than a year old, they are some of the best t-shirts that I have (so I'm right there with you, Mr. Fashion Guru DeBoer). They get advertised all over the surrounding neighborhoods as I walk my dog.

If only I could convince Lexus of the value in having me advertise their cars as I drive two hours to and from work each day...

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
For some reason, Ive always kind of felt the need NOT to be a walking billboard. Its kind of like those people who put stickers on their cars to show what kind of stereo they have or add on "supercharged" badges Or the guys with a gigantic steinlager logo on the back window of their truck. :rolleyes:

Senior Audioholic
It's a sign of the bad times.

I have also noticed this trend for the past couple years in my field too.

Vendors and distributors used to always have a cap, shirt, pen, or pencil to hand out.

Now, nothing except a business card if they visit at all.

BTW: Isn't that spelled Schwag?:rolleyes:

J

jamie2112

Banned
It's a sign of the bad times.

I have also noticed this trend for the past couple years in my field too.

Vendors and distributors used to always have a cap, shirt, pen, or pencil to hand out.

Now, nothing except a business card if they visit at all.

BTW: Isn't that spelled Schwag?:rolleyes:
Swag is gear companies hand out and Schwag is a slang term for crappy weed.:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps I should get rid of my monster cable T-Shirts and Sony badge on the house :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

H

hodedofome

Audioholic Intern
SWAG - Stuff We All Get

SCHWAG - Stuff Clint Holds Willfully After Groin hit

Sorry, couldn't think of anything better. Maybe someone else can do a good one.

majorloser

majorloser

This is sad. Clint is panhandling for handouts on his own forum.

"Can you spare a few t-shirts?"

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
and by the way I believe that SWAG is an acronym for
samples, wearables and gifts

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
This is sad. Clint is panhandling for handouts on his own forum.

"Can you spare a few t-shirts?"
Yes its a bit pathetic, seeing how its all just a wearable commercial or a billboard proclaiming your inner nerd makes it even sadder. I have a box full of shirts, hats, coffee mugs, playing cards, jewel case openers, screw drivers, desk clock, levels, even a Yo-Yo dealers and companies have given me.......pay to ship it and its all yours.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis