Get Ready for High-Res Blu-ray Audio

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
High Resolution audio goodness only came in two competing flavors before Blu-ray came along. You had to pick between competing formats DVD-Audio which was built to be the successor to the CD and Sony’s handmade competitor, SACD. When the format was between HD DVD and Blu-ray was on most Audioholics readers were quoting the immortal words of Yogi Berra: “This is like deja-vu all over again.”

Discuss "Get Ready for High-Res Blu-ray Audio" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
What's the point of having DTS-HD MA 5.1 track as well as a LPCM 5.1 track on the same disc? We don't need the DTS-HD MA track at all.

I can see throwing the DSD track on there however.

A

AVTguy

Audioholic Intern
This is what I've been saying since day one...

Since the first day I saw/heard about Blu-Ray, super high resolution audio discs were one of the first things to pop into my head. I just hope Blu-Ray audio markets itself better than SACD/DVD-A and goes another step further to be a truly fully emersive entertainment experience, coupled with visual representations of the music and/or title and track information with notes from the artists/producers.

The music industry has a real opportunity to reach a whole new group of people (the average movie watcher) with high end audio. Maybe even more importantly, especially if you're an Audioholics reader, it means the eminent creation of higher end players from the likes of McIntosh, Meridian, Classe, and the other esoteric brands.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis