DisplayPort is Here: Are We Ready?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Approved by VESA just last year, DisplayPort is slowly trickling into the consumer market with PC gear and other consumer electronics. Now Atlona has committed its support to the digital interconnect standard by promising to release affordable DisplayPort cables. Will the fledgling standard take off or is it another nail in the coffin of VESA?

Discuss "DisplayPort is Here: Are We Ready?" here. Read the article.

morrone

morrone

Enthusiast
1.62 or 2.7 Gbit/s

Minor correction: Each link is 1.62 OR 2.7Gbit/s (I was wondering how 4 links at 1.62 Gbit/s could add up to 10.8Gbit/s maximum...).

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Oh Joy, Joy, Joy! I can't wait to plop down more of my hard earned dough on some new (but not better) equipment just to get DisplayPort. I can't wait until Monster has some of their M1000 series DisplayPort cables available so I can blow an entire days pay on a one meter feed cable. Please hurry Monster, Please!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Oh Joy, Joy, Joy! I can't wait to plop down more of my hard earned dough on some new (but not better) equipment just to get DisplayPort. I can't wait until Monster has some of their M1000 series DisplayPort cables available so I can blow an entire days pay on a one meter feed cable. Please hurry Monster, Please!
I love sarcasm in its infinite varieties. You know, some people just can't pull it off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis