Xbox 360 to Get Cool New GPU This Fall

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Reports have surfaced from Taiwan that chip makers are producing enhanced Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) for Xbox 360. The new processors are designed to keep Microsoft’s gaming machine cool during those all night Halo 3 fests and hopefully end the dreaded red circle of death once and for all.

Discuss "Xbox 360 to Get Cool New GPU This Fall" here. Read the article.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This is too little to late. This was diagnosed years ago that the heat sinks inside the xbox were the culiprit in the 360's overheating causing the soldering to become undone leading to hardware failure. I blame the idiotic over payed engineers microsoft hired. Even though this console was rushed to market they should have seen this in testing before this console hit the market. Didn't these engineering clowns ever take a couple minutes of their precious time to take the temperature inside the machine during extended use:eek:.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, it does seem a bit late, but at least they are still being proactive in doing what they can to improve the console, better late than never. Besides, this will further reduce their repair costs in the future, and help keep the customers happy. Now if they could work on making the console quieter, that would be a big improvement, mine is very loud when playing a game... not sure why their dvd drives are so loud.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, it does seem a bit late, but at least they are still being proactive in doing what they can to improve the console, better late than never. Besides, this will further reduce their repair costs in the future, and help keep the customers happy. Now if they could work on making the console quieter, that would be a big improvement, mine is very loud when playing a game... not sure why their dvd drives are so loud.
They are loud because they are not the greatest quality dvd drives. Apperently the newer BenQ drives are the quietest. There are 3 different dvd drives microsoft uses, this link will tell you which one you have.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/Xbox_360_DVD_Drive_Comparison.htm

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
At least we know why the PS3's drive is so quiet, it's a slow blu ray drive. The dvd drive in my elite 360 is ridiculously loud, it's a good thing I can just turn up the volume and drown it out.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
At least we know why the PS3's drive is so quiet, it's a slow blu ray drive. The dvd drive in my elite 360 is ridiculously loud, it's a good thing I can just turn up the volume and drown it out.
Yeah my 360 is loud too, it seem like the disk is always spinning at full RPM even at points where it is not loading anything. Maybe this is a software issue as well but bottom line the dvd drives are cheap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis