EMP Tek EF50T Speaker System Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
While the EMP EF50 speaker system does sacrifice a bit of performance at the altar of aesthetics, it is very little performance lost for a whole lot of aesthetic gain. The tiny form factor of the sub belies its performance and impact. The tiny surrounds sound too good to be surrounds. The 5" high, 14" wide center channel has no business keeping up with the towers but it does… and then some. The removable faceplates may be a bit gimmicky, but it's a good gimmick. If this is your first foray into home theater and you want to do it right or if you are looking to replace your first (substandard) purchase, this is the set for you.

Discuss "EMP Tek EF50T Speaker System Review" here. Read the article.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Interesting... the sub only goes to 33. The towers are bright in two channel mode. However, together this all works?

Tom, would this setup be good for a large room?

D

DHC-3T

Enthusiast
Just got all my stuff hooked up to a 2808 and am very pleased to say the least. These speakers sound great !! I am very happy to have them.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Tom, would this setup be good for a large room?
Depends on your definition of "large." In most rooms they'd be fine. In "great" rooms that are open to kitchens etc. probably not. I'd definitely opt for a larger sub in that case. The EF30's would probably be a better choice in a large room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis