HD DVD "Best Buyers" Get $50

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Now that the Toshiba has exited the HD format war many companies are supporting Blu-ray with full force. Some, like Circuit City, offered an extended return policy on HD DVD players. Others are just dumping their players at drastically reduced prices. Today, Best Buy announced that it will be giving away $50 gift cards to everyone who purchased an HD DVD player at their store...

Discuss "HD DVD "Best Buyers" Get $50" here. Read the article.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was in BB Monday and they still had a big HD-DVD display (tv, player, sign pointing out benefits, etc) 10 feet from the BD one. No one said anything to the one guy I saw buying a hd-dvd movie at checkout about the format. They just sold it to him.

I think this is a great goodwill gesture for them, reminds me of what happened with divx players when that format went under. They need to do something for the people who are still buying hd stuff and are unaware of the current situation with it. Or they'll end up alienating a lot of people.

Jack

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
I expect to get my gift card from Wal-Mart any day now....

:rolleyes:

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I expect to get my gift card from Wal-Mart any day now....

:rolleyes:
LOL. Me too. Let's both hold our breath.

I knew full and well, when I bought my HD-A2, that I was probably buying into a soon to be dead format.
I'm not looking back. So what. I spent a hundred bucks and spun the wheel of destiny.

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Cool, add that to the ton of reward points I got for buying the HD-DVD player. I had some coupon that gave me triple points, so I got decent money back. This is just icing on the cake!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Now that the Toshiba has exited the HD format war many companies are supporting Blu-ray with full force. Some, like Circuit City, offered an extended return policy on HD DVD players. Others are just dumping their players at drastically reduced prices. Today, Best Buy announced that it will be giving away $50 gift cards to everyone who purchased an HD DVD player at their store...

Discuss "HD DVD "Best Buyers" Get $50" here. Read the article.
Thanks for the heads up, I got my $50 today. Interestingly, in Canada you get the gift card if the purchase is dated Jan 1 2007 or later with no mentioning of any 'before' date. So in theory you can buy an A3 now at 89.99 and still get the $50 gift card. Obviously this is only a viable option if one needs a DVD player, HD or not.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I talked to Magnolia, and they said they are not part of the offer, so I don't get $50 :mad:

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

I talked to Magnolia, and they said they are not part of the offer, so I don't get $50 :mad:
Sounds like BS. Aren't they part of BB? Did you try talking to the manager?

Jack

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I may have to go into the store and talk to the manager. BB owns them.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Hopefully they will at least offer you some sort of store credit.

Jack

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
Got my gift card in the mail yesterday!

+1 for BB, that's pretty cool.

P

ParkerAudio

Full Audioholic
Amazon Offers $50 For Previous Hd Dvd Player Buyers

Amazon.com, just sent me an email with a code that I can use through next April for $50, since I bought a HD DVD player from them. Same as the Best Buy gift card.

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Someone mentioned Magnolia. I will mention Best Buy for Business. Like many, I got a cheap $99 model (actually I got it for a friend) Toshiba HD-A2 (subbed with a HD-A3) from Best Buy for Business on that day of the Wal-Mart sale. I had to call in and have them investigate my order. I will probably get a gift card in 8 (well 6 now) weeks, which is fine.

This is just a FYI for anyone who's wondering about other parts of Best Buy.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Got my gift card a couple of days ago. I had forgotten that I'd bought my A3 at Best Buy, so this was just a bonus. I can also get another $47 if I trade in my A3 and my HD movies. Still thinking about whether or not I want to do that.

Pretty cool of Best Buy in my book.

M

mnnc

Full Audioholic
gift cards...?

Purchased two a2's back when they were 98 bucks...is wmart going to give me some money for having done so? Someone explain. Thanks. I know I can return unit for full refund with no obligation as posted on another thread. Have until the 30th of this month to do so.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis