APC AV C10 Home Theater Power Filter Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The APC AV C10 marks another well executed and no BS A/V power product from a company that is, in my experience, unparalleled in their collective knowledge of power protection and backup. With all of the major safety agency approvals (ie. UL, CSA, Part68, etc), 12 filtered and surge protected outlets, connections for cable TV, phone, ethernet and line voltage monitoring, the APC AV C10 is everything one could ask for in a power strip and more. I highly recommend this unit for anyone looking for a cost effective power filter solution with ample outlets and unparalleled reliability.

Discuss "APC AV C10 Home Theater Power Filter Review" here. Read the article.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the review. I actually just bought the smaller verison - the C5 (less outlets, otherwise the same I believe). I have not hooked it up yet, but it is a quality built, handsome unit - it'd be a shame to hide it!

I do have a question - which may or may not support my purchase decision.

Lights in my home dimm when the air conditioner turns on. Will this unit protect against that condition?

I have already purchase a breaker and 10/2 romex to run a dedicated line form the fuse box to my system - I'm hoping that "isolation" have help as well...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Lights in my home dimm when the air conditioner turns on. Will this unit protect against that condition?
No you really need a product with line regulation like an H10 or H15. If you experience alot of brown outs, then I suggest an S15 with battery backup. I lose power momentarily almost daily and I have S15s and S20s running my entire home theater interruption free!

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
is there anything like this on a rack mount for about the same price?

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
concerning my A/C brown outs - are you aware of a suitable device I can ADD to my APC C5?

T

TotalComputerGU

Audiophyte
Sorry, NOT the best ...

This unit will NOT operate under generator power. So, if you have any kind of power outage/failures, this is NOT the unit for you. EVEN if you put it on the back side of an APC UPS-XS model, which the documentation says is no problem .... it will NOT power on. THe APC UPS is supposed to clean the power OUT of the box, then the AC10 should work ... but this china junk just don't do the trick. If generator power is NEVER an option for you, then no problem ...it's OK, but even in a brown out, or weak power, the AC10 shuts off even on the 2000W APC UPS-XS ... so it's kinda POS from that standpoint ... otherwise, it's fine.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It's a "Garbage in - Garbage out" scenario and much depends on the quality of the generator output.

D

Darkwing_duck

Audioholic
Daisy chain this into a surge protector

I know this is a very old thread but I read this review and have a question - mainly for gene - would it be safe to daisy chain this power centre into another surge protector just for added protection? In the event of a surge the first surge protector would go saving the $200 power centre. I was thinking this because it would be a shame to lose a $200 power center from a surge when you can purchase a quality apc surge protector for a mere 50 bucks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis