Into the Wild HD DVD Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Into the Wild is among the last round of Paramount HD DVD releases. The Golden Globe winning movie tells the story of a young man who tried to escape civilization. It turns out to be one of the great road movies with a captivating musical soundtrack.

Discuss "Into the Wild HD DVD Review" here. Read the article.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Can I ask how come you guys haven't done a SINGLE Blu-ray review yet? BTW, Into the Wild was a great movie.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not to sound like a d**k, but why do a review of a movie in dead format that is no longer being supported by the studios or the formats creater, in other words is dead?

Jack:confused::confused::confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not to sound like a d**k, but why do a review of a movie in dead format that is no longer being supported by the studios or the formats creater, in other words is dead?

Probably because this particular title is not available on BD and won't be for at least a little while unfortunately.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief

You sound just like a d**k.:p

Last time I checked My A2 was working just fine.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Probably because this particular title is not available on BD and won't be for at least a little while unfortunately.
Fair enough.

MUDSHARK said:
You sound just like a d**k.

Last time I checked My A2 was working just fine.
Hadn't really considered that. The second part, that is.;)

Jack:D

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
two points of interest. 1/ it's a great movie. 2/ it's the LAST gen HD DVD by Paramount. The fact that format is dead means that it could well be the last HD DVD review you see.

Next week I can start rolling out Blu-ray reviews if you want to see them. BD is the only way I can personally get to hear DTS HD MA.

No Country for Old Men (BD only) is on my agenda tomorrow night.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Nice review Wayde. Pretty in depth. This flick was already on my short list...your review just confirmed it for me. Glad you're still doing reviews of new HD releases. Now I'm just waiting for it to approach that $10 mark. :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai

Because (at the risk of pompously answering for Mr. Robson) the movie is available (new release), and by all accounts, it's a good flick with a good storyline and great scenery. That's why. And oh, for the hundreds of thousands of us that can enjoy it on our flawless HD players. ;)

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
I follow audioholics as though it were the bible, most of them were not pro any HD disk format but certainly they were more pro HDDVD.

So this is probably something you won't see on any other site, an HDDVD review of this type of movie, which is good.

The movie deserves a plug. Very few movies take character development to this level. Last one I saw that was this honest was Million Dollar Baby.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very few movies take character development to this level. Last one I saw that was this honest was Million Dollar Baby.
If you like character studies, then There Will Be Blood should be on your to see list.

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
If you like character studies, then There Will Be Blood should be on your to see list.
Saw it, liked the acting, hated the movie. Unlike Into the Wild and Million Dollar Baby, There Will be Blood had no redeeming character qualities.

Basically a movie about a miserable, manipulating man who gets rich off oil miserable in the end. Nothing happens in that movie, it is so arbitrary and slow.
The horror film style soundtrack builds up tension that is not there which makes it harder to follow.

Original and different yes. Does it make it interesting to watch? Not really.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Into the Wild was a great movie. It's unlikely that lots of people know about it so here's a bump.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I have four HD-DVD players, XA-1, two A2's and an A30, (two are in long term storage considering I have over 150 HD-DVD's. I liked "Into The Wild" just a sad tragic tale of one mans adventure to get away from it all. Still an interesting story none the less and glad I watched it.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Into the Wild was an excellent movie. Though I'm not a die-hard Pearl Jam fan, Eddie Vedder did a great job with the soundtrack.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
This one is still in the original shrink wrap,along with countless others , just need more time.I have begun the quest to open and watch at least one movie per week but with just as many blu's un-opened I some times overlook the HD Collection :eek:.
Thanks for the heads up Alex I think I will set this movie on top of the player, that gets me half way there :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I picked this one up on BD some time back when it came out and have yet to throw it in the player, but I liked the movie a lot when I watched it on HD DVD.

xego

xego

Junior Audioholic
Yeah I am bummed. I rented this on BD from Netflix and it is the only BD so far that was damaged that I couldn't watch the movie. I liked what I saw of it. Have to re-add it to my que. By the way if you get a Netflix that doesn't work write on the sleeve with a sharpie so they get the message and don't put it back into circulation.

B

BoobyBushy

Audiophyte
The movie is well-done. The life it's about is not as well-done, but lets not confuse the two. You can't take a measure of someone else's emotional pain: they feel it so its real enough to them. Not the first and not the last to kill themselves trying to heal

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis