iPod Blamed For Rise In Crime

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
As if threats of terrorism and recession weren’t enough, now there’s something else to worry about – the iPod crime spree! According to crime statistics, violent crime has been on the decline since the early 90s. But statistics show that trend changed in 2005 and researchers at Washington’s Urban Institute say iPod muggings are to blame.

Discuss "iPod Blamed For Rise In Crime" here. Read the article.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
My employer specializes in aluminum extrusions. One of our recent projects is ipod display cases with security doors. The old sliding doors were too easy to remove.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
I wont get my 13 year old daughter one for this very reason the do get nicked (as the british say) a lot

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
Wayde, that's the funniest iPod pic I have ever seen! Nice mock up! :D

J

JackVa1

Junior Audioholic
I thought the rise in crime was from Sesame Street.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
As if threats of terrorism and recession weren’t enough, now there’s something else to worry about – the iPod crime spree! According to crime statistics, violent crime has been on the decline since the early 90s. But statistics show that trend changed in 2005 and researchers at Washington’s Urban Institute say iPod muggings are to blame.
].
Wasn't there a similar crime problem when the Nike Jordan shoe came out costing $200?

J

JackVa1

Junior Audioholic
Starter brand Sports overcoats caused a buzz in the city back in the early 90's

J

JackVa1

Junior Audioholic
I almost forgot that my Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars were swiped from our Gym locker room back in '66.

F

fiosmeup

Audioholic Intern
I had a FM converter ( remember those?) stolen from my car, those were hot, you could change your Am car Radio to FM!!! Funny thing was my Nikon 35mm Camera( its used a thing called film, remember those?) was in the back seat in a case just sitting there,I guess the FM converter was the target.
The bad thing was they broke my side window to get in.
Dave

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall

Discuss "iPod Blamed For Rise In Crime" here. Read the article.
IPod Blamed? What? Isn't that kind as*-backwards? Shouldn't thieves be blamed? Isn't there always something new and cool to steal? Should we have nothing new because it might be stealable?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis