DVIGear High Resolution HDMI Cables

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Nobody wants to install an HDMI cable in the wall more than once. DVIGear cables are fully UL certified and guaranteed to handle up to 1080p with Deep (12-bit) Color up to 7.5 meters.

Discuss "DVIGear High Resolution HDMI Cables" here. Read the article.

gliz

gliz

Full Audioholic
looks pretty good to me and a good price too. But calling it "high resolution" when it passes data strikes me odd. I work in IT for a living and there are no "high resolution" pc cables.:) either the data gets there or it does not. but still it looks like a great product

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
DVI Gear is the HDMIzzle

I personally have been using the SHR version of the 10 meter DVI Gear cable in my wall.

http://store.audioholics.com/product/1223/120/dvigear-10m-hdmi-super-high-resolution-copper-cable

This thing has been rock solid. I recently tried to replace it, as I needed just a couple of extra feet. I bought a 35 foot Blue Jeans HDMI cable (their newest, latest and greatest) thinking it would give me what I needed. Unfortunately, it only worked with my satelite dish box which was outputting 1080i or 720p. Nothing else (PS3, HD DVD player, or Denon receiver) would even sync and I had a blank pic.

Of course, I had already removed the DVI gear cable from behind the wall and put in the BJ cable. *sigh* Well, after finding the problem, I put the the good ol' DVI SHR HDMI cable back in the wall, and just had to cut some corners and move the gear around a bit to make it fit. All is well now, and it all works. I just recently bought several more of the blue SHR cables to replace some cheapo HDMI cables in my system, just to give me some peace of mind for future upgrades. *grin* Well worth the money and it's still cheaper than what you can buy at Best Buy for the the Mon$ter HDMI cables.

Later...

P.S. This is not a paid advertisement from DVI Gear... But if they want to send me some free stuff, I'll use it. *laugh*

We pretty much say that just about ANY cable will pass 720p/1080i at up to 1-2 meters, but when you get into the long lengths you really need to buy something certified to ensure it works - ESPECIALLY if it's going behind drywall.

DVIGear is a brand we selected specifically when our team launched the store. It just works and this line is not nearly as expensive as Monster or many of the other brands.

G

gwlaw99

Audiophyte
Monoprice Cables

Gizmodo had absolutely zero problems running 1080p through a 35ft monoprice cable which costs $35.

The 50 foot cable at $53 had some problems, but it was not reproduceable with other 50ft monoprice cables so it may have been one bad cable.

I can't post links yet but just google monoprice and gizmodo.

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I never hear anything bad about monoprice. Not sure if theirs are rated for behind the wall installations though...they might be, I just don't feel like going to their website and checking though. Lazy me.

jyavenard

jyavenard

Audiophyte
Can an article be any more inaccurate ?

It says : "An HDMI cable made to handle a 720p signal at 8-bit color, is not necessarily equipped to pass a 1080p signal at 12-bit color. "

Have you ever heard of a DVI cable not able to display a 1920x1200 pictures from a computer over several metres?

No.

HDMI is carrying the same video signal as a DVI cable. So why would it suddenly make a difference between a 720p and 1080p ; just because they've changed the name to make it more fancy?
720p instead of 1280x720 or 1080p vs 1920x1080 ?

A Cat5e cable is able to carry 10gigabit/s of data over 50 metres, and an HDMI cable because it isn't certified 1.3a wouldn't carry a few hundred megabit/s ?

Give me a break.

A digital cable is just that: it carries a digital signal. The signal itself contains enough redundant information so the equipment at both ends will be able to correct any errors if any (though unlikely) including jitter

An HDMI cable will carry the signal properly or it won't. It won't do the job half-way.

While the shielding of a cable would make a difference over a significantly long distance, it isn't sufficient over short distance (15 metres and less).

So people, enjoy the cheapest HDMI cable you can get and don't you worry.

As for myself, I will enjoy my 20 metres DVI->HDMI cable I bought several years ago to watch 1080p video on my projector

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis