HD DVD Review: Eastern Promises Starring Academy Award Nominee Viggo Mortensen

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Academy Award Nominee Viggo Mortensen teams up for second time with director David Cronenberg for Eastern Promises a hard hitting crime thriller. This HD DVD review contains no spoilers!

Discuss "HD DVD Review: Eastern Promises Starring Academy Award Nominee Viggo Mortensen" here. Read the article.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
This was an entertaining and gritty movie and is worthy of your 4 stars. IMHO, Mortenson is one of the finest acting talents around.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
This was an entertaining and gritty movie and is worthy of your 4 stars. IMHO, Mortenson is one of the finest acting talents around.
Couldn't agree more, A History of Violence was gritty and disturbing.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought it and sold it shortly after my one and only viewing. This was my Friday movie and the entire audience was unprepared for the one particular scene (you know what I mean if you've seen it...). Being a Cronenberg film, I wasn't surprised, but it still caught me completely off guard. Overall it was a good movie, but I wasn't overly impressed with the story as a whole. It was well acted for sure, but the story was far too slow to develop and didn't ultimately deliver what felt like a complete story to me IMHO. Without Mortenson, this one probably would have been dead in the water. Video and sound quality were top notch on the HD DVD. I actually preferred A History of Violence to this one.

majorloser

majorloser

Make that three votes.

The fight scene in the shower made the wife happy :mad:

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
I gotta say, I really enjoyed the movie, the shower scene was really well done for that kind of scene, captured the rawness. Only thing I have to say that disappointed me was the ending, just wasn't a big fan of the abruptness of it. Other than that I enjoyed it.

If I have any spoilers in here just tell me Ill edit it, but I dont think I give anything away lol.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I enjoyed the movie and thought it was good all the way through until it ended,and then I felt cheated and unsatisfied.

I rate it average

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Great review. You have nailed my biggest pet peeve about "making of's" that end up on so many DVDs. They are all just clips of the movie interspersed with the actors and director talking about how great each other is, and what an honor to work with so and so, and on and on and on..... I'm like you - either give us some dish, or give us a true making of, that actually shows true behind the scenes stuff.

We enjoyed the movie - certainly worth it's spot in our Netflix que.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis