Macworld’s Sleeper Story – Fox Expands Digital Copy to iTunes

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It’s possibly the biggest story of Macworld and it has little to do with Apple - Fox is integrating its Digital Copy program to iTunes.

Since the inception of DVD, the MPAA has been fighting your right to digitally copy movies. The MPAA’s ethic is simple: You don’t deserve to copy the DVD you purchased - fair use be damned!

Discuss "Macworld’s Sleeper Story – Fox Expands Digital Copy to iTunes" here. Read the article.

B

BGLeduc

Junior Audioholic
The Family Guy Blue Harvest DVD that I just bought includes a second disc with both an iTunes and WMA copy of the show.

I imported the iTunes version and it was a seamless process. On top of that, while importing, it links to some really cool FG content.

Cheers to Fox for finally "getting it".

Brian

T

terror_beast

Audioholic Intern
Who knows why it's taken so long? I've been saying for years that all studios have to do is provide a legal way to copy our music and movies to hard drives, other discs or other types of players. If the studios release official, legal software for doing these things, now they can legally go after all the copying software out there. You see, if there's an official, legal copy program, then 3rd parties can no longer claim that their software exists for fair use purposes only. Once there's an official alternative, it's easy to make the argument that the only reason for another software to exist is to copy things illegally.

S

seansdadj

Audiophyte
Old people

I heard from a very reliable source that the head of some of the studios, not till long ago, used to think DVD is the final media retail solution and they had no idea about iTunes.

Sean

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis