In-Wall Speaker Selection & Installation Basics

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
In-wall speakers are becoming more popular these days with aesthetics playing a major role in dictating the theater system components. This article explores some basic fundamentals for choosing in-wall type speaker products along with divulging some useful installation tips in efforts to realize their maximum performance and yield the best possible experience to the end users. If you’re goal is to achieve the level of fidelity previously only reserved for the finest box type speaker systems in an unobtrusive in-wall solution this article is a must read. The goal for any good home theater system is to be so connected with the experience that the equipment literally disappears. There is no reason why this goal cannot be achieved with a properly executed in-wall system.

Discuss "In-Wall Speaker Selection & Installation Basics" here. Read the article.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
problems with speakers aligned with a huge baffle (wall)

Are there sonic problems associated with in-wall speakers and how the sound reflects off the wall aligned with the front baffle? You wouldn't need a BSC circuit in your crossover;)

What about building a sealed speaker box and putting it into the wall? Any difference compared to mounting it on a stand 18" in front of the wall?

I ask because my bonus room has roughly 6 feet of attic space behind the walls. I may flush mount speakers and subwoofer(s) in the future if the sound will not suffer from doing so.

I realize ported speakers in a flush mounted configuration could only work if they were front ported.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis