Guitar Hero III, Rock Band - Video Games You Play!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you’ve got a lot more paraphernalia sitting around your home theater system lately, you might just be part of the growing trend in video games you have to play. The Guitar Hero franchise has given its publisher a giant boost, with the game’s third iteration blowing away even Activision’s own sunny expectations. The company has been pumping out hits with the success of both Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4.

Discuss "Guitar Hero III, Rock Band - Video Games You Play!" here. Read the article.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
The wife and I just picked up GH3 for a younger cousin's Xmas present. And I must say that this game's popularity is very suprising for what is really just UmJammer Lammy with a nicer controller.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I too bought this game for my nephews and niece. From what I've seen of it, its pretty cool.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
"...despite being a blatant effort produced by the man to compete in a market created by Guitar Hero..."

Check the history. Rock Band was developed by the people who originally created Guitar Hero. They licensed the GH franchise but kept control of the underlying technology with an eye toward outdoing themselves on their next effort.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The wife and I just picked up GH3 for a younger cousin's Xmas present. And I must say that this game's popularity is very suprising for what is really just UmJammer Lammy with a nicer controller.

How funny. I never played that one. But I do remember playing Parappa the Rappa a few times.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
djoxygen;335247Check the history. Rock Band was developed by the people who originally created Guitar Hero. They licensed the GH franchise but kept control of the underlying technology with an eye toward outdoing themselves on their next effort.[/QUOTE said:
Good point DJ. I didn't know that about the developers.

But it is backed by MTV and published by EA. Without the success of Guitar Hero I doubt either would have touched the idea.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
But I do remember playing Parappa the Rappa a few times.
"Kick! Punch! Its all in the mind!"

The real genius is the guy that put Playstation buttons on other objects. You can play PaRappa with a Guitar Hero guitar and play Guitar Hero with a Dance Dance Revolution dancemat. Personally I'm waiting for the same company to make a game for USB midi-keyboards Piano Hero!

"I got the Elton John Xtreme edition. Check out my sweet Rocketman skillz!"

"Screw you. My Billy Joel Remix (for XBox 360) totally rulez! Watch me score a perfect on Pressure!"

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai

The real genius is the guy that put Playstation buttons on other objects. You can play PaRappa with a Guitar Hero guitar and play Guitar Hero with a Dance Dance Revolution dancemat. Personally I'm waiting for the same company to make a game for USB midi-keyboards Piano Hero!

"Screw you. My Billy Joel Remix (for XBox 360) totally rulez! Watch me score a perfect on Pressure!"
Maybe Rock Band 2 will add a keyboard. Seems like the obvious evolution.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

ROFLMAO :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
My niece got this "thing" the other day, I went over to see it thinking "hey maybe it can teach these kids about musical instruments," yup I was right.

It's only connection to a guitar is the shape of the controller, what a let down for me. I picked out Barracuda from the menu and attempted to "play" it, what a disaster! I need real strings and a whammy bar! Boy she just ripped into me laughing her little butt off, so I went home brought my "toy" and amp over and played Barracuda for her....... she's taking guitar lessons from a UM jazz program student now. I was right, it did help her to get into a real guitar!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
How does one go about playing GH3 on a PS3? So far, the game that's made specifically for PS3 appears to be unobtainable. Can you use GH3 for PS2 on a PS3? I'm taking a lot of heat here because I can't come up with a way to play this game on PS3.

C

Cyberdemon87

Audiophyte
The damn game demands SP2 installed if you have XP and I'm not willing to do it :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis