Xbox360 and PlayStation3 Updates for Fall

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Rival console game system Thanksgiving updates: One is a real update, the other a real turkey. Sony PlayStation3 has just received its firmware revision 2.01, and Xbox360 is rumored to receive a massive update to its dashboard.

Discuss "Xbox360 and PlayStation3 Updates for Fall" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That's funny, it says the update was released to the PSN yesterday morning, but I used my PS3 last night to watch Ratatoullie on bluray and didn't get a notice that there was an update available. I guess I'll check it again when I go home this evening. Althought I haven't seen any issues with the version of FW I have now, it's always good to see more system stability added.

As for the 360 update, I'm very excited about this. I can't read the list of what all is included in the update since those sites are blocked from work, but the big updates usually do add some good stuff. I'm excited to see what becomes of the IPTV service, and am curuios as to how much it will costs. I just hope that when IPTV is released and people are using their consoles more often because of it that we don't see a rash of overheating consoles.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
PS3 - is REAL and XBOX - a TURKEY...or is it just the updates?

Well it seems to me that the article may lead one to believe that the Sony PS3 is the real deal and the Xbox 360 is a Turkey. Or maybe I just need to read more then every 5th word. My 2¢

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I just mean to say that that Xbox 360 update is largely exaggerated.

IPTV is coming to Xbox 360... just not today.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I got the PS3 update, but dont' notice any difference, at least I can now turn off that annoying information board... I don't recall the article saying when exactly the new 360 update will be released, does anyone have any info on this?

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I got the PS3 update, but dont' notice any difference, at least I can now turn off that annoying information board... I don't recall the article saying when exactly the new 360 update will be released, does anyone have any info on this?
December 4th.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't notice any difference either with 2.1, so it must have just fixed some bugs with 2.0. You could turn the information board off even with 2.0...

Matt34

Matt34

Who the hell wants to watch Iowa Public Television anyway?
Hey, don't be knocking Iowa's PBS. Where else can you catch some High School 'rastling and a "how-to" on walking beans all on one channel?

I grew up there so I should know.;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis