$55,000 Remote Control Goes Well With $7,250 Speaker Cables

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Excess knows no bounds. We here at Audioholics are a practical lot. After having recently lambasted ridiculously overpriced speaker cables whose attributes read like many warnings on the list of Top Ten Signs an Audio Cable Vendor is Selling You Snake Oil and whose manufacturer offers nothing but scientific sounding marketing drivel to proclaim superior performance, along comes one better.

Discuss "$55,000 Remote Control Goes Well With $7,250 Speaker Cables" here. Read the article.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I can only give the same arguement I've given for the $23,000 solid gold Vertu cellphone.

"Imagine if you're a multi-millionaire. You drive your Rolls-Royce Drop Head Coupe upto the country club and give your keys to the valet. Only to notice he has the exact same $400 cellphone you do! Naturally such a vulgar display of technology breaking class boundaries is infuriating! So you do what is the only sensible action for somebody who drives a $400,000 car: You buy a gold cellphone that costs more than a parking valet makes in 18 months. Sure the Nokia Vertu doesn't work any better than a regular Nokia (and doesn't even have a touchscreen), but thats not the point."

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I can only give the same arguement I've given for the $23,000 solid gold Vertu cellphone.

"Imagine if you're a multi-millionaire. You drive your Rolls-Royce Drop Head Coupe upto the country club and give your keys to the valet. Only to notice he has the exact same $400 cellphone you do! Naturally such a vulgar display of technology breaking class boundaries is infuriating! So you do what is the only sensible action for somebody who drives a $400,000 car: You buy a gold cellphone that costs more than a parking valet makes in 18 months. Sure the Nokia Vertu doesn't work any better than a regular Nokia (and doesn't even have a touchscreen), but thats not the point."
good argument. now to test if gold is a good material for subwoofer drivers ... maybe platinum will work. :eek:

BigSkreen

BigSkreen

Junior Audioholic
Now I can finally stop

dipping all my remotes in gold. Can I upgrade to diamond encrusted?

K

kcarlile

Audiophyte
I dunno, I think black plastic buttons on a gold remote are somewhat declasse. Let me know when they put touch sensitive, diamond labeled panels on it. Maybe then I'll be interested.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
If i was super rich i'd buy 3 of em & set one right next to my pile of $100 bills that i would use to light my cuban cigars with:D

People with that kind of money dont care about what things cost,all they care about is how soon it can be delievered.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I dunno, I think black plastic buttons on a gold remote are somewhat declasse. Let me know when they put touch sensitive, diamond labeled panels on it. Maybe then I'll be interested.
Two words: Mammoth Ivory.

If i was super rich i'd buy 3 of em & set one right next to my pile of $100 bills that i would use to light my cuban cigars with:D
A really rich guy would use 500Euro banknotes

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis