Xbox Live Marketplace to Sell Full Game Downloads

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Since its launch on November 15th 2002, Xbox Live has generated a user base of about eight million gamers - it's widely considered the top feature of Microsoft’s Xbox game consoles. For the fifth anniversary of the Xbox Live launch, there will be a lavish celebration complete with giveaways to loyal customers. On December 4th a whole new feature will emerge on the Xbox Live Marketplace: complete game downloads.

Discuss "Xbox Live Marketplace to Sell Full Game Downloads" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This is awesome news, I can't wait to get some free points and a free arcade game.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
The news is nice but with such a tiny HDD it would cause me more headaches than it is worth.

I think Sony has made a ton of mistakes but they got [at least] one thing right ... they included a 1/2 way decent sized HDD in their system.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have the elite, so a 120 gig HDD is plenty big enough for me, especially since I don't store music or photos on it, since I can stream all my media from my PC.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
So what happens when something goes wrong (which it will) and your HD erases and you loose all your downloaded games that have no physical form?

SheepStar

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
So what happens when something goes wrong (which it will) and your HD erases and you loose all your downloaded games that have no physical form?

SheepStar
I don't know how Xbox Live works but on the Wii your account has a list of the all stuff you downloaded so you can download it again.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief

SheepStar
Once you buy it, you can download it as many times as you want. I had a Premium, bought an Elite, and just downloaded all my games again.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Once you buy it, you can download it as many times as you want. I had a Premium, bought an Elite, and just downloaded all my games again.
Oh....

I'm sure that feature will break.

SheepStar

M

MiniDisc

Audiophyte
Yup I've had to re-download a car for Forza Motor Sports2 once. :)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I downloaded a couple arcade games that I had a promo code for, but I don't think it will let me redownload them for free.

Sheep... what's with all the hate for xbox?

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
This is great news, can't wait to play Halo 1 again with XBL support. IMO, XBL has been Microsoft's savior, with all the reliability problems of the console's, it's a good thing they have the best online service. I don't mind paying $50/yr for it, IMO it's a bargain.

I've never had much of a problem with HDD space, as I don't store any music or videos on the console. You can always delete items from Marketplace to make more room, and download them again at a later date if you want.

Sheep, why can't you just stay out of XBOX threads, it's obvious that you hate the console, we get it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
do you think Halo CE will be live enabled? I sure hope so, I always enjoyed playing it, and I still have it, but it may be worth the $15 to download if it will be live playable.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
do you think Halo CE will be live enabled? I sure hope so, I always enjoyed playing it, and I still have it, but it may be worth the $15 to download if it will be live playable.
I haven't heard any specific details other than it will be released Dec 2-4. Easily worth $15 to play it on XBL. I remember playing CE back with my original X-BOX using Xbox Connect on my PC, it was a blast, but you've never seen such lag!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't heard any specific details other than it will be released Dec 2-4. Easily worth $15 to play it on XBL. I remember playing CE back with my original X-BOX using Xbox Connect on my PC, it was a blast, but you've never seen such lag!
I used to do the same thing, and it was fun... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy playing Halo CE again since I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 lately, and it's pretty similar. I just hate that it takes so long for the shield to recharge.

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I may have seemed a bit sarcastic about the idea of playing the old games when there are great new ones. I am still curious how well they'll sell.

I think they should make all games available by download. They could just do without the whole retail side. I know the retailers have relationships with Microsoft/Sega/Sony etc and they'd be resistant to this change. But the whole idea of walking into a store to buy software is soooo - last century.

Sheep brings up a good point

I have an idea...

The new Xbox360 redundant Raid array!:)

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Sheep brings up a good point

Actually, he has no clue what he is talking about. Anything you purchase (with the exception of movie RENTALS, obviously) from XBL can be downloaded/erased as many times as you want! If you suffer a hardware or software failure and need a new console, there's no problem getting the content again.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
I'd like to do a seven drive raid5 array with 20gb hard drives. Just kind of glue them all together on the side of my 360 there. It would be fantastic! That would give me the same amount of space as the single 120gb, of course, but it would be fault tolerant and probably really fast! Hmmm... :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis