Emotiva DRS-1 Subwoofer System First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
At the Audioholics 2007 State of the CE Union Event, Emotiva introduced the DRS-1 Subwoofer/Amplifier System, consisting of two subwoofers and an amplifier with auto room correction. Known for their rock solid amps and pre/pros, Emotiva is now jumping into the market with aggressively priced speakers, including this subwoofer system.

Discuss "Emotiva DRS-1 Subwoofer System First Look" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Can't wait until Clint, Gene or Tom get the hands-on review out! Only $1k for 2 subs, a separate amp and Room EQ. "Reference" keeps getting within the realm of what most consider affordable.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Can't wait until Clint, Gene or Tom get the hands-on review out! Only $1k for 2 subs, a separate amp and Room EQ. "Reference" keeps getting within the realm of what most consider affordable.
+1

It sounds like a great value. I can't wait to see a review.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm looking forward to that review.
1K seems almost immoral for that package.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i agree. 1k for 19-20hz f3 sealed subs WITH room correction. if they can pull that off, they'd be outselling a lot of sub makers.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
What's the latest on these subs? Anyone have any info? Will the pricing still the same? What's the latest on ETA?

I saw the screen shots on the Emotiva lounge posted awhile back. Looks pretty cool.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
What's the latest on these subs? Anyone have any info? Will the pricing still the same? What's the latest on ETA?

I saw the screen shots on the Emotiva lounge posted awhile back. Looks pretty cool.
All good questions. However, SVS just released their Audyssey room correction module for subwoofers. Hopefully, Emotiva isn't far behind with their offerings. :)

annunaki

annunaki

i agree. 1k for 19-20hz f3 sealed subs WITH room correction. if they can pull that off, they'd be outselling a lot of sub makers.
Mike I agree that is great, but what is the output level used to achieve the linearity? ;) Sounds like it will not be the case in terms of anechoic response.

None the less, it should still be a good value.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Strange thin this is..... I made a preorder of these sub's like..... I don't even remember, must be a year and a half ago, and...... what are those guys really doing..... when a product is a year and a half delayed, and after taking a bunch of preorders....

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Anything yet?

Really just curious I don't need subs at the moment...maybe tomorrow though.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I gave up and bought the snell I have now. I think there was an issue with the amp which is what caused the delay. major may know more. I've seen pics of working single subs but never any release date.

Knucklehead90

Knucklehead90

Audioholic
Actually they are working on 4 subs - two without the GUI and eq-ing ability - a 10" & 12" IIRC - and the ERS112 and ERS212 subs that will have in room equalization. Not much info coming from them right now as they are focused on the UMC-1 getting to market.

I gave up too - bought an eD A5-350. Very good sub.

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
This being one of the issues of not having the massive R&D budgets of the big boys to help propel product to market. If Sony, or Matsushita, or hell, even a company like Rotel, thought this were important, then they would have a workable version in 6 months. It sucks that leading innovators still have to b hamstrung by the laws of finance.

DJ

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis