Optoma HD80 DLP Projector Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Optoma HD80 is a leaner, trimmer, HD81, without the outboard processing, but with plenty of performance and inputs to make a home cinema enthusiast ecstatic to nab a 1080p DLP for under $3000.

Discuss "Optoma HD80 DLP Projector Review" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for putting the image offset right at the top as one of the cons. It's the first specification that I check on projectors. Since I have a motorized screen which only gives me 12" of drop, it completely blows my mind that these IDIOTS continue to design DLP projectors that have no lens shift and anything more than just a few inches of offset.

My old AE300 projector from Panny, with no lens shift, sits about 5" above the top of my screen and works great.

Why is this so hard for the DLP models to achieve?

E

erick.s

Junior Audioholic
Agreed. In all honesty the only reason I haven't bought this projector is the ridiculous offset. I saw it at a dealer and it's perfect for me except for this one thing.

Why is this so hard for the DLP models to achieve?
Let's ask an even better question: Why can I buy THREE decent single-chip DLP projectors for a grand total of $3000, but I can't buy a SINGLE three-chip DLP projector for less than $10,000?

That's the question I want answered.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis