Audioholics CEDIA 2007 Show Coverage!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Audioholics is heading out to the 2007 CEDIA Expo in Denver again this year (may it NEVER go back to Indianapolis!) and we are bringing a troop of people with us. All told, we've got seven going this year, including myself (Clint), Gene, Tom, Dina (from AVRant.com), J Clarke, Tony and Eric (videographer extraordinaire.) What can you expect? LOTS.

Discuss "Audioholics CEDIA 2007 Show Coverage!" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I can't wait to see what new and innovative things await! Be sure to get lots of pics.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Sitting in the airport on my way to Denver. Can't wait to hit the floor tomorrow morning!

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
www.anandtech.com

Head over to www.anandtech.com they already have some coverage up... they even went to a MONSTER CABLE press conference... it's pretty funny what Mr. Lee is trying to sell to all the suckers out there... $99.99 per meter High SPEED HDMI cables... nice huh?

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
coverage or press release?

Is it just me or is audioholics low on coverage and high on press releases this year? I haven't seen the editorial commentary that I've come to expect from audioholics....

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Trust me guys, we have some great editorial stuff coming. It is mostly in the form of videos, which we are editing as I type. We had a bumpy start yesterday with some technical glitches, but trust me, there is a wealth of stuff, from pages of coverage to podcast to video. Stay tuned!

N

northreign

Audiophyte
The Panasonic AE2000 has 16,000:1 contrast ratio not 10,000:1 like the cedia article says.

N

northreign

Audiophyte
At least its a little more factual then less even if its totally made up. Why all the hate for the panny? No one put the wrong number on the 50,000:1 Epson.

J

Jim Robbins

Audioholic
You would think they would have ratios described like:

32bit contrast = 4 billion to 1
128bit per pixel color = I can't see that many colors in my entire life!

It's just that absurd... I mean, can't they accurately measure the numbers and come up with some real number that has a significant meaning? What's that email address again? IWantToBeExploited@audioholics.com? Hmmm, isn't that what the manufacturers do to us anyway? *laugh*

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
-walk at least 5 miles per day

Hmmm, I do like my car...

-hustle across the entire show floor to make meetings we accidentally booked to closely together

Booking meetings too close; story of my life...

-stay up to early hours of the morning posting article coverage you just gathered during the day

Ah, just like writing term papers in college...

-function on 4-5 hrs of sleep per night for 3 – 4 days

Try working in an investment bank right out of Harvard. 4-5 hours of sleep was a luxury for me :D

-have a strong will to be able to handle raging debates on: politics, Star Wars, and Mac vs PC

Macs are better, come now. Don't get me started on politics...

-have a big enough appetite to gorge with us at the best restaurant locations we can find

Let me know when you're in Boston, I have quite a few spots and love to gorge :)
-------------------------
Nice coverage peeps!

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Thanks. And you are right, Macs ARE better (mine had no problem reading the thumb drives)!!

(Just pickin, clint!!!)

At least its a little more factual then less even if its totally made up. Why all the hate for the panny? No one put the wrong number on the 50,000:1 Epson.
Absolutely NO hate for Panny. Just funny is all. Contrast ratios are touted as being important by the manufacturer and PR companies but for years we, and every other publication I know of have been educating consumers that the numbers are basically useless. Get your blacks low - period. None of those contrast ratio numbers are real world, or even close to it when you run the lamps in low power mode and shut off the typically useless auto Iris or ambient light settings.

A lot of times increased CR means that the projector simply has more lumen output on the top end - something I don't find important at all in a home theater setting. If anything, they should tout the black level output at 7.5IRE in a completely black room. THAT would impress me.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
If anything, they should tout the black level output at 7.5IRE in a completely black room. THAT would impress me.
Yes, that would be impressive and useful and maybe embarrassing to the makers :D

egr2rst

egr2rst

Audiophyte
Where's the video?

I thought you were going to have video with Tom and the Babe? Where is it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis