Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP Projector Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We absolutely jumped at the chance to get a close look at the new Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP projector since we missed the boat on checking out the HD1000U which preceded it. The attraction is a clean system that handles up to 720p for less than $1000. This projector is worth a serious look – especially at the street pricing you'll find on this model. It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that we live in a time when a projector can be had for this price possessing the level of features and amenities that come with the HC1500. If you break it down into price per square inch, you are saving a bundle by going with front projection at this price – as of this writing you can barely get a decent 40-inch LCD TV for the same money. RUN to your nearest Mitsubishi dealer and check this one out for yourself – you owe it to your wallet.

Discuss "Mitsubishi HC1500 DLP Projector Review" here. Read the article.

B

bulls

Audiophyte
whats up with those screenshots?
they look all blotchy, like some cruddy noise reduction, especially the one with Mel.
are the artifacts from your photo camera or from the jpeg compression?
why not post large pictures, the small ones are useless.

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Nice review. As a frustrated "why won't Mitsubishi sell the HC3100 in the US" potential buyer, this one has a lot to like for its price/performance.

I'm hoping and wondering if Mitsubishi will release something at CEDIA that makes me happy I haven't bought my new PJ yet... a DLP at 1080p and a realistic price point.

TVJon

T

TVJon

Audioholic
Well, Mitsubishi did announce some new 1080p projectors - unfortunately, LCD and not DLP. And no sign of the company budging on bringing the HC3100 to the U.S. I don't understand. Maybe I'll have to switch to LCD. Several new ones announced under 3k. The new Panny sounds especially nice.

TVJon

I think Mitsu's LCD projectors look WAY better overall. But I'm susceptible to their DLP's rainbows. LCD is getting much better in terms of black levels.

M

montag451

Audiophyte
High Def through component?

I recently purchased this projector and am very happy with the picture through the HDMI connection. However, anytime I run a 480p,720p, or 1080i source through the component cables I get an incredibly unclear image. Did you experience this same problem? And can you help? Thanks

Stephan

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
My HC1500 does 480i SD from D* via HDMI just fine?
Maybe Cons: Significant rainbow effect if you are succeptible....as I went from a 180P DLP to this and still see none.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis