Yamaha RX-Z11 First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Yamaha RX-Z11 First with THX Loudness Plus

THX Ltd. today introduced THX Loudness Plus, a new volume control technology used to maintain the integrity of audio content when listening at lower volume levels. THX Loudness Plus will be featured in THX Ultra2 Plus and THX Select2 Plus Certified pre-amps, integrated systems and receivers. Yamaha will be the first consumer electronics manufacturer to incorporate THX Loudness Plus and THX Ultra2 Plus certification with its flagship AVR RX-Z11.

Discuss "Yamaha RX-Z11 First with THX Loudness Plus" here. Read the article.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what is that boomerang looking thing in the picture?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The new THX stuff isn't the real news here, the real news is that there is a new RX-Z receiver from Yamaha... tell me more about it, and when it's coming out.

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Yamaha has finally announced its new flagship receiver. The RX-Z11 is a 11.2 powerhouse that breaks all of boundaries of former Yamaha receivers and steps up to present more advanced features than anything else they have delivered to date. First off is the new 11.2 moniker - how can you have 11.2 in a home theater system? With a lot of DSP...

Discuss "Yamaha RX-Z11 First Look" here. Read the article.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Wow!

That is one very capable receiver! Amazing!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That looks totaly bada$$... too bad I would probably never use all the stuff on there, but I would love to hear the full 11.2 setup to see what it sounds like.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I guess if you're going to pay $6k on a receiver, then it's OK to spend, who knows how much, on 11 speakers and 2 subs for one room.

Love to hear it though.

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
I don't know, I'm pretty excited about the new THX certification. I think it's a great idea to come up with something better than the standard "midnight" mode available on receivers these days. My current rig is woefully inadequate when I'm watching anything late night and have to be mindful of the neighbors...stupid shared wall in an apartment building! :)

D

davo

Full Audioholic
I like the idea that the remote is motion sensitive and turns on the back light when you pick it up! About friggin' time!:)

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I like the idea that the remote is motion sensitive and turns on the back light when you pick it up! About friggin' time!:)
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea until it starts eating up your batteries. I'm interested to see how well it is implemented. The motion sensitive remotes I've used have irritated me in their power consumption and propensity to turn on every time there is an explosion.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The upconversion feature could take care of my PS 3 720p - 1080i TV problem. Too bad it's 5 grand.

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yamaha has added support for rear Presence speakers as well as Stereo Subwoofers. Yes, stereo, though we assume there is a way through bass management to allow for LFE and mono use as well.
The Z9 already allows for Stereo or Mono to be selected for the subs. :confused:

N

Nuke

Enthusiast
Ha! Just yesterday my wife was questioning me about whether our new 7.1 system would need to be upgraded in 2 years.

Silly me, I told her there wasn't anything to worry about unless someone comes up with some weird system with over 10 speakers.

/drooling over 11.2.

- Nuke

bobnegi

bobnegi

Audioholic Intern
when I'm watching anything late night and have to be mindful of the neighbors

Hi I bought these seinhassuar(spelling) noise cancelling headphones because my Infocus projector sounds like a screaming banshee. They killed the external noise, and the sound is as good as your out put device.

I had them plugged into a Pioneer, with amazing surround like sound. Then, I bought a Cambridge Audio receiver, and the sound was even better. I know, they say it only outputs stereo in headphone mode, but I tell ya it sounds like surround to me!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis