Mitsubishi HC5000 Projector Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It seems these days there are almost too many projectors. What?! Too many? Nah, but it makes the playing field very confusing for consumers. In each review I try to narrow in on the type of person who might be looking for the product being reviewed - and consequently, the type of person for whom this product is targeted. I'd like to say that there are products out there which would make everyone happy, but that's not necessarily the case. With the Mitsubishi HC5000 projector, the focus is on combining high quality picture with absolute silence and much-appreciated convenience features. It's a pretty good match-up if you ask me, and it separates this projector from the absolute budget products that are simultaneously hitting the streets.

Discuss "Mitsubishi HC5000 Projector Review" here. Read the article.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Question about the remote

Do you know if the poor IR reception was the fault of the transmitter or the receiver? If it was the transmitter's fault, wouldn't the issue disappear for those who use universal remotes?

My guess is it was the transmitter (remote). It certainly improved with new batteries but was never stellar like some other remotes I've used.

I've packed up the unit, so I missed my window to troubleshoot it further.

H

hdfansv

Audiophyte
Hi Clint,
Just a few nitpicking in your review so that it does not confuse your readers.
"Whether it was pin-striped shirts, or city skylines that would make any jaggie-reduction scream in terror, Batman Begins is a movie that you can test nearly all aspects of a projector's video processing system with."
This sentence is incorrect. The Jaggie-reduction algorithms are not activated when the deinterlacer is in film mode. Edge adaptive interpolation switches on for video deinterlacing NEVER for film mode. The reason for that is you have all the pixels from the complete frame and there is no need for anti-aliasing filter.

Also
"We also confirmed results with 1080i upconversion."
The film mode tests are not valid when you upsample from 480i --> 1080i. In that case you are evaluating the film mode handling of the upsampling DVD player.

raneil

Audiophyte
hc-5000 product information question

Are you sure that the projector that you reviewed has HDMI 1.3? Yours is the only review to make such a claim. If so, it sounds like a production upgrade that potential buyers should inquire of prior to making a purchase,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis