StudioTech Speaker Stand Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
With all the speakers and other gear coming through my office and theater lately, I was in desperate need of some speaker stands. The good folks at StudioTech stepped in and asked me what I needed, so I requested 2 different pairs that they were kind enough to ship right out to me. I thought the least I could do was offer you an overview of these stands, which I found to be a great value.

Discuss "StudioTech Speaker Stand Review" here. Read the article.

G

gbenfield

Freelance Reviewer
Fill'er up

You said the speaker stands could be filled, just curious if you filled them for this review. Any general comments on whether filling speaker stands makes any noticeable difference in performance.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
You said the speaker stands could be filled, just curious if you filled them for this review. Any general comments on whether filling speaker stands makes any noticeable difference in performance.
I did not fill them for this review (have you seen the cost of gas these days?!), but I do have my Lovan rack filled with sand. It makes for a much more solid and heavy stand, for sure, and cuts down on vibrations from the sub being transmitted to your gear. So in the case of my rack, it is a good thing that I recommend.

Think of it this way - if you thump the stands they sound hollow - almost a ring. But if they are filled, the thump is dead sounding.

I will probably end up filling these stands once I am not moving them around so much.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis