Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
1080p is coming to market with a vengeance. Epson is leading the way with its new 1080p LCD panels and the only question is: how well does this projector compare to other products available on the market? With pricing under $5000 and Epson's proclivity for producing very high quality projectors with excellent features, detail and color, it's bound to be a serious contender in the market.

Discuss "Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 Review" here. Read the article.

C

cleaner450

Audiophyte
Here is a question ..primarly using it for 360 and HD DVD... How does the image overall compare to ..ummm lets say a 50 inch rear projection. besides the size; does it or could it look as good, clear and bright a rp TV.
Sorry if I am being very broad but you own it and I just want to get your thoughts on quality of picture compared to a rp. This will be set up in a very dark room...

thanks

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Here is a question ..primarly using it for 360 and HD DVD... How does the image overall compare to ..ummm lets say a 50 inch rear projection. besides the size; does it or could it look as good, clear and bright a rp TV.
Sorry if I am being very broad but you own it and I just want to get your thoughts on quality of picture compared to a rp. This will be set up in a very dark room...

thanks
I game and now am more into HT but games are what maed me want a big TV. I got a front projector. I will never ever ever o back to anything else for the main HT/"viewing room. I have aCRT for the news etc, but untill projectors cost more as a box that has a set screan I won't even think about the RP plasma LCD even DLP.
I hop emine never dies, if it did today it would be epson for sure and if they make a DLP in my price point that would be it. Hands down.

G

gilcanyon

Audiophyte
Compare to Sanyo Z4

I guess we will have to wait for a scaling/"sharpness" comparison to the ultra sharp [720P] Sanyon Z4. The Epson sounds too good to be true. :eek:

Owners: More details on performance please.

bigbangtheory

Audioholic
With pricing under $5000 and Epson's proclivity for producing very high quality projectors with excellent features, detail and color, it's bound to be a serious contender in the market.
This is really starting to make me reconsider buying a TV, albeit a very high end one. The projector pricing is starting to come down into high-end tv range, and the thought of having a billy badass-sized screen make it even more alluring! And with the power of Santa growing stronger in the coming months, I would bet prices will drop considerably.;)

Plus, Epson just demoed their new UB-series at our 2007 State of the CE Union event this weekend. With the new models coming in at under $5000 retail you can bet prices will drop continuously.

R

redsoxfax

Audiophyte
Is it possible to zoom for a small display area?

The title perhaps should read The Wife Factor but here are my questions.

1) Can I zoom the image fairly small from 10-15'?
2) Is there a supplier that has developed whole wall surfaces for video projection?

Regarding the first question, does the manual focus on the projector give me enough control to crisply project a relatively small display area, say 46" or so?

To put this into context, I have spent time looking at the costs of hiding a tv behind a picture frame and mirror or painting canvas; a high quality installation can cost $15,000.

A custom light fixture with a $5,000 projector seems a much better approach to "not wanting to see the TV when not in use".

If I can zoom the image to a 46" rectangle, the search for suitable paint or wall paper to overcome the lack of a projection screen would begin.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis