Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 HQV Projector Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I like nice cars. Epson projectors remind me of a corvette - and that's a nice car. In addition to their good looks, Epson home theater projectors have several traits that are a cut above many competitors - like their ample zoom lenses, which don't appear to negatively affect image quality or picture sharpness. This combo, of course has some professional-grade video processing included which takes it far beyond the integrated video processing found in an entry-level projectors - though, of course, you pay a premium for the advantage.

Discuss "Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 810 HQV Projector Review" here. View the article at:
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/projectors/epson-powerlite-pro-cinema-810-hqv-projector-review.

N

NainoKami

Audioholic Intern
How would the HQV processor in this bundle compare to the processing in the Denon DVD-3930?

/Si

It's the identical video processor, but you have different access controls, and of course a separate box that takes various inputs, etc. As far as performance potential it measured almost identically to the DVD-3930CI. The difference is that you cannot run your cable box through the HQV processor in your DVD player. See this article for more info on video processing.

trivee

trivee

Enthusiast
did i see a boo boo/

in the section about performance: Clint says "Shrek 2 looked amazing on the Pro Cinema 1080. Blacks were deep and had plenty of depth. Skin and clothing detail was exceptional, being 3D rendered with an absence of any noise or film deterioration."
I figure he meant the 810 but i guess i want to be sure!

V

vcarangelo

Audiophyte
I'm confused about your reviews on the Powerlite Pro 810 hqv and Powerlite 1080P projectors:
First, does using the HQV processor yield a 1080P pix on the 810 projector even though the projector isn't rated at 1080P?
Second, you gave the 810 HQV a score of 125 and an excellent rating, but the 1080P got a score of 85 and failed most all of the film detail tests. Does this mean that, although the 810 HQV can't display 1080P it delivers a far superior picture compared to the 1080P?
Conversely, although the 1080P can display 1080P natively, it's picture quality is far worse than the 810 HQV combo?
I'm new at this so please excuse how dumb it may sound!

Thanks

N

nitingdalvi

Audiophyte
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 1080p- Curved screen

Hi y'all:
New to this site, so I hope someone can help me. I just had installed the Epson Powerlite Homecinema 1080p. I already had a curved, 4:3 ,100" diagonal screen that was installed some years ago. The installer told me that this projector would work best with a flat screen rather than a curved one. Is this true? Are there anysettings that would adjust for the fact that the screen is curved?

Also, how can I change the aspect ratio to 4:3. Is this done through the settings menu?

Does this projector have a keystone correction?

Thanks
Nitin

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis