Planar PD7150 DLP Projector Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Planar is a company whose products everyone has likely encountered - they just may not realize it. Responsible for many of the displays found in gas station pumps, shopping centers, ATMs and image-sensitive hospital applications, Planar decided to enter the home theater market in 2006 and the results thus far are more than promising. They are targeting a wide range of home theater users, but are decidedly positioning themselves to compete in the higher end market.

Discuss "Planar PD7150 DLP Projector Review" here. View the article at:
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/projectors/planar-pd7150-dlp-projector-review.

G

Grayson73

Audiophyte
Calibration

Clint,

You mentioned that "White Enhance mode should actually be 'On' according to our measurements as it yielded better and consistent color response overall."

Just want to make sure that this is for both nighttime (gamma 2.2) and daytime (gamma 1.0) modes.

Also, do you have the calibration settings for the "after calibration" results?

White Enhance, if I recall correctly, enabled whiter than white response, regardless of gamma setting. I don't typically retain calibration settings since most people's rooms and systems are different from mine.

G

Grayson73

Audiophyte
White Enhance, if I recall correctly, enabled whiter than white response, regardless of gamma setting. I don't typically retain calibration settings since most people's rooms and systems are different from mine.
So you recommend that it is always "on", right? Why is it good to have "whiter than white"?

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for the review. The Planar 1080p's are on my short list. Any chance of seeing an 8150 or 8130 review?:) I'd really like to see how these stack up against the new JVC's coming out and the Sony's.;) Too bad there are no dealers close to me to see any of these.:(

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
This is one fantastic 720p 1 chip DC3 DLP PJ!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis