SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer Breaks the Small Size Barrier with BIG Sound

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hot on the heels of the just-launched 1000 Pro series, SVS releases a new subwoofer that is very much a surprise coming from them. It is a surprise not just as something that comes so soon after their last product launch but also it is an atypical design from SVS: a microsub! Yes, you read that right! They call it the 3000 Micro. However, SVS being SVS, they didn’t just release a conventional microsub design; they put their own spin on microsub design which looks to yield big performance from a small box. SVS has pulled some neat tricks to make a sub of this petite size work, and they have avoided the pitfalls of other microsub designs. How did they do it? Read our full preview article on the 3000 Micro to find out!

READ: SVS 3000 Micro Preview

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Did I miss it: How much dis cute lickle ting weigh? :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Is it the real deal, I know how you are when it comes to subs, you typically don't like them tiny.
I don't take points away for size. I evaluate any sub or loudspeaker in the context of its intended application. This is a sub meant for situations where a small size is of very high importance. So then I would ask, how well does this sub perform for the size/cost? How well does it do what a buyer would reasonably expect it to do? I am not scheduled to review this particular sub, but if I did, that is the framework under which I would review it.

P

Pottscb

Enthusiast
Pretty excited about this...there’s not been much new in the affordable micro sub category in years. I’m needing to replace a Velodyne mini-vee-10 and this should be perfect, can’t wait to read the review (please include measurements).

J

jbentham84

Audiophyte
I just bought this to pair with my Aerial Acoustics 6T, Anthem STR Preamp, and Anthem STR amp and all I can say is SVS knocked this out of the park! I've never owned an SVS product before but this one caught my eye and filled the need for a "little more low end" and it has exceeded all my expectations. The output is astounding for its size, we had to just keep turning it down to "blend". Fantastic product, I'm now a SVS believer!!!
IMG_8245.jpeg

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
As the SVS half the $ the new Kef mini sub getting so much attention, I awaiting the testing and listening experiences. I have a 20+ year old Valodyne HGS 12 and yet to hear anything I liked as much to replace it. Im strictly 2ch these days and would like to get 2 small subs when I replace the velodyne which can't last forever.

J

jbentham84

Audiophyte
As the SVS half the $ the new Kef mini sub getting so much attention, I awaiting the testing and listening experiences. I have a 20+ year old Valodyne HGS 12 and yet to hear anything I liked as much to replace it. Im strictly 2ch these days and would like to get 2 small subs when I replace the velodyne which can't last forever.
I’m VERY specific about anything entering my 2 channel system and I was very reluctant to introduce a sub especially at this price point to integrate with my Aerial speakers. I can’t say any more how impressed I am and will certainly look towards SVS for all my needs in the future

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I’m VERY specific about anything entering my 2 channel system and I was very reluctant to introduce a sub especially at this price point to integrate with my Aerial speakers. I can’t say any more how impressed I am and will certainly look towards SVS for all my needs in the future
Why have you been reluctant? subs are better than speakers for bass response. I know some audiophiles believe subs are sacrilegious in a two-channel audiophile system. It's good that you have evolved in your thinking.

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
I'd always have a good sub (or two...), in my 2ch system personally. But, im very specific about which sub that is.

G

gbaby

Enthusiast
I don't know how a sub review not contain the frequency response +/- 3db. Did I miss it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know how a sub review not contain the frequency response +/- 3db. Did I miss it?
The specs are hidden somewhat under "specifications" Frequency Response: 23-240 Hz +/- 3 dB

D

dutchholic

Junior Audioholic
"We intend to see for ourselves and show you the results; stay tuned to Audioholics for a review of the SVS 3000 Micro. "

Where is the review then? I'm still waiting for it, I need proper measurements before I can buy such a product. I'm waiting for it since March 19.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
"We intend to see for ourselves and show you the results; stay tuned to Audioholics for a review of the SVS 3000 Micro. "

Where is the review then? I'm still waiting for it, I need proper measurements before I can buy such a product. I'm waiting for it since March 19.
I’d just buy an sb1k then! It’s a better sub anyway, despite being sealed.

D

dutchholic

Junior Audioholic
I’d just buy an sb1k then! It’s a better sub anyway, despite being sealed.
What's an "sb1k"? :)

Edit: Do you mean the SVS 1000 serie? Then I can only get one, because of "space issues", that's why I'm really curious about this SVS 3000 Micro review... because this one is so small that I can fit 2 or even 3 of those subs which is always better then one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis