SVS Prime Pinnacle Tower Speaker Preview

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
SVS has recently released a new entry into their popular ‘Prime’ speaker line, and their new loudspeaker takes the Prime speakers to new heights (literally, since it is taller than any of the others). It is the new top dog of the Prime series, and SVS has rightfully named it the ‘Prime Pinnacle.’ The Prime Pinnacle is a three-way, five driver tower speaker, much like the regular Prime Tower, and one might be forgiven for thinking it is just a bigger and beefier version of the Prime Tower since that is what it looks like on the outside, but there is considerably more to it than that. In many respects, it is a very different design than the other Prime speakers. The Prime Pinnacle uses the same tweeter and same bass drivers as the other Prime speakers, but that is about it. And, unlike the other Prime speakers, the Prime Pinnacle uses three bass drivers, so it should be capable of a bit more low-end punch than the rest of the series. That is about it for similarities, except for the aesthetics of the speaker. But what departures does the Prime Pinnacle take from the other Prime series? Read our preview of SVS's Prime Pinnacle speakers to find out!
READ: SVS Prime Pinnacle Tower Speaker Preview

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmmmm so your going to be reviewing these. Sweet really looking forward to the review.

So same tweeter and I'm assuming same crossovers stuff like that?

I was hoping they'd go with the ultra tweeter I've always heard a lot of good things about the highs on that line

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hmmmmm so your going to be reviewing these. Sweet really looking forward to the review.

So same tweeter and I'm assuming same crossovers stuff like that?

I was hoping they'd go with the ultra tweeter I've always heard a lot of good things about the highs on that line
The crossover will not be the same. The Prime tower is basically a 3.5-way speaker. The Pinnacle is a 3-way that uses a different midrange driver, different high-pass frequency from bass driver to midrange, and different bass driver enclosure. Plus it has three bass drivers which may necessitate measures in the crossover to modify the impedance more.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis