Parasound JC 5 Combines Monoblock JC 1 Performance into One Chassis

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
After 16 years of great reviews from their JC 1 amplifier, Parasound has finally given consumers exactly what they want: Two top-of-the-line Halo JC 1 monoblock power amplifiers integrated into a single chassis that is the same size as one JC 1. The new Parasound Halo JC 5 combines high power and ultra-high bias Class A/AB sonic quality at roughly two-thirds the price of a pair of JC 1s.

Parasound.jpg

Read: Parasound Halo JC 5 Stereo Amplifier Preview

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Parasound is an amazing audio company. They don't know how to make crappy products or what bad customer service is. Richard is a great guy. I have no doubt this is a great product.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A_Shah

A_Shah

Enthusiast
Gene
just got a new OPPO 205 UHD about a week ago my 7 year old Marantz SR 5005 seems to have developed distortation on one of the surround channels this is my 3rd AV receiver that has gone kaput !!! in the last 10 years , So I am debating going separates, I already have separated my two channel listening , but for my HT I would like to use the 7.1 Channel outs of my OPPO with a good quality amplifier (7 channel )and than later on maybe add a pre pro , I am looking at the Emotiva BassX or the Wyred4sound MC7150 as amps. don't see too many recomendations on Audioholics on separates ? my HT speakers are all Kef LS 50 except for the center which is a reference class Kef R200C
Asghar

X

xrqp

Enthusiast
I had a good experience with Parasound service for a JC5. Somehow, when I was away from home, but my wife was home, the music came on full blast. My wife did nothing to turn it on - it came on on it's own. After 4 minutes my speakers were smoking from overheating. My wife called me on the phone when this happened, and I explained how to turn it off. It may have run for 4 or 5 minutes.

Parasound in San Francisco tested the JC5. Luckily, I could drive to SF in one hour. Even though I prepaid for a standard service inspection, they refunded it and did not charge me to test it because the JC5 was unharmed and running fine. Since then, I set the rear volume limiters on the back of the JC5 to about 50% (12 o'clock position). Now it is limited to the max that I can withstand when listening.

The amp and speakers had nothing to do with it coming on when I was away. I had other software with ipad control and I assume that was somehow triggered. It's been 3 years and it has not happened again.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis